Our mission is to empower and inspire women to thrive personally and professionally through education, connection, and celebration. Our goal is to welcome about 300-400 women from the region for this event; the first of its kind in Newport. Breakfast and lunch will be held for all attendees at Hotel Viking and offer the main event keynote speaker(s). Breakout sessions are to be chosen by attendees and will be offered at a variety of local historic and unique venues.
With 2020 marking the 100th anniversary of the passage of the 19th Amendment, guaranteeing and protecting women's constitutional right to vote, we are excited to end the day with a rally and celebration of this milestone. “It’s Our Time” is the theme for our 2020 event and will be particularly fitting as we celebrate Women’s Suffrage at Marble House just as it was 100 years before at this very location. The ALVA Experience tickets include attendance at this cocktail party and speakers will include notable women from our region.
1. Thursday evening, October 15th:
- VIP Opening Reception at Rosecliff
2. Friday, October 16th, Hotel Viking:
- The ALVA experience:
- 8:00-9:00 Check-in, Breakfast, Marketplace, and Networking
- 9-9:45 Morning Keynote Speaker: Trudy Coxe, CEO, Preservation Society of Newport County
- 10:00-10:45 Seminar Session 1
- 11:00-11:45 Seminar Session 2
- 12:00-12:45 Seminar Session 3 or Lunch A
- 1:00-1:45 Session 4 or Lunch B
- 2:00-3:00 Afternoon Keynote: Samantha Ettus (followed by photos, book signing)
- 3:00-4:00 Marketplace, Downtime, Networking
- 4:00-6:00 Let's Rally! A Celebration at Marble House