Naval War College Foundation
The Naval War College Foundation (NWCF) is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization working to raise funds to help promote the educational excellence of the Naval War College.
Foundation funds are derived from individual and corporate membership contributions and gifts and grants received from individuals, other foundation and organizations.
The funds raised by the Foundation are used to enrich and enhance the programs offered by the Naval War College. Among the many important activities supported by the NWCF are:
- Increasing public awareness of the Naval War College, mission, capabilities and accomplishments.
- Providing financial support to the many academic programs and activities at the College for which public funds are not available. These projects range from faculty research, curriculum development and endowed academic chairs to nationally recognized speakers for guest lectures, academic awards for student achievement, and historical document and artifact acquisition for the library and Naval War College museum.
- Providing financial support for specific symposia and conferences which further distinguish the College as a prestigious institution of higher learning.
- Provide funding for Regional Studies Programs, evening lectures, and other emergent/priority requirements.
- Operating a Foundation retail store located in the College museum.