Distribution Center (Warehouse) DriverSalaryFrom $14 an hourJob TypePart-timeNumber of hires for this role1
Driver's License (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
The Preservation Society of Newport County is hiring a driver for our Distribution Center. This individual will pack, transport, and deliver shipments of merchandise and supplies from the PSNC warehouse to all retail store and food service locations as well as between PSNC locations. The Driver performs manual and clerical duties related to the receipt and shipment of merchandise. Basic work entails the receiving and storage of PSNC property.
· Monitor all procedures connected to the transfer of merchandise to and from the warehouse.
· Coordinate all deliveries from the warehouse to the Mansions Stores and Food Service.
· Ensure that all merchandise is safely and efficiently moved as required.
· Ensure that all forms are filled out completely.
· Ensure all transfers from the warehouse to the stores are filled out correctly and completely
· Deliver merchandise and accompanying paperwork from warehouse to store and food locations in an efficient, safe and timely manner.
· Keeping the back of the warehouse organized by anticipating delivery of goods and identifying permanent locations to store new pallets of products.
· Accurately, tag and process merchandise shipments to store locations. Each item is counted and the count verified against shipping document inspected for quality and priced in appropriate location. Mark boxes by color code for the stores.
· Loading of merchandise on to delivery van daily.
· Maintain housekeeping and cleanliness of the warehouse work and storage areas.
· Assists shipping and receiving unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matches paperwork to sales orders.
· Pulls requested orders from warehouse stock, places orders on carts or shelves, and packs products for daily delivery.
· Marks materials with identifying information using appropriate method; ie. Bar codes
· Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed
· Assists in counting of physical inventory.
· Assists in packing and shipping of web orders
· Picks up or delivers merchandise, parts, or items to other businesses or customers.
· Maintains cleanliness of truck and assures that it is mechanically safe.
· Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- High School Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum two years of truck driving experience and a valid Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- Warehouse-related experience is a plus
- Minimum one year of merchandise delivery experience.
· Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and 30 pounds regularly.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Monday to Friday
All customers and employees are required to wear masks.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- merchandise delivery: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Multiple locations
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place