Sr Staff Accountant - Reporting/Compliance
The Sr. Staff Accountant –Reporting & Operations applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. He/she will assist the Director, Accounting and Finance Operations in overseeing the control of all external financial reporting and assist with the oversight provided in the final reporting and consolidation process to ensure consistency with US GAAP. In addition, the Sr. Staff Accountant –Reporting & Operations compiles and analyzes financial information to record transactions, prepare reports, and reviews and verifies accuracy. He/she is responsible for the adherence to and communication of globally consistent accounting policies and procedures designed to align the Company with US GAAP.
- Responsible for the bank reconciliation.
- Liaison and review that the cash application of both service and product is accurate.
- Assist with funded project accounting.
- Maintain prepaids within FAR system
- Prepare monthly reconciliations
- Support of Accounts Payable department
- Assisting with quarterly and annual audit and SOX
- Assisting with preparation of quarterly and annual filings with the SEC
- Other Ad-Hoc duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field required.
- 5 years Accounting and finance system experience preferred
- CPA Preferred
- Demonstrated ability to comply with US GAAP.
- Internal control/process understanding with SOX experience.
- Strong project management skills, prioritization and strategic planning skills.
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Team player; comfortable operating within a dynamic, complex organizational structure and able to be flexible and collaborate with team on different projects and needs.
- Working knowledge of information technology with an appreciation for how it can support accounting functions.
- US citizenship or Permanent residency required.