TOWN OF MIDDLETOWN, RI
TITLE: Crew Member
REPORTS TO: Crew Manager or designee
JOB TYPE: Seasonal – May 27, 2023 – September 4, 2023
WORK SCHEDULE: TBD hours per week. Weekends/Evenings required
SALARY: In Accordance with established Pay Scale
The crew member is a seasonal position with the Town of Middletown responsible for the general cleanliness and maintenance of the beach and its buildings and structures. The crew member is primarily responsible for the collection and removal of refuse and debris, so as to provide beach patrons with a welcoming and safe environment.
I ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the class, or it addresses business needs and changing practices:
- Clean, remove debris and maintain the pavilion, including bathrooms and surrounding shade structures, beach, and parking lots, among others.
- Set up and break down of gate houses daily, including but not limited to placement of safety ropes, cones, flags, umbrellas, tables and chairs, in appropriate areas.
- Collection and disposal of refuse in accordance with the Town’s policies and procedures.
- Installation, maintenance, repair and replacement of boardwalks and snow fencing.
- As part of closing procedures, collect trash, clean town vehicles (scooters, gators, trucks, etc.).
- Other related duties as assigned.
II NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES The following generally describes the knowledge and ability required to enter the position and/or be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned duties:
- Must be able to be courteous to the staff, managers, beach patrons and the general public.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be able to carry out instructions
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
III MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in performing the above-mentioned responsibilities is preferred.
- Must be able to establish and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- General facilities and equipment maintenance experience is preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to the highest quality of customer service.
- Must be available to work on evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Must successfully pass a background investigation
IV PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, use their hands to finger, handle or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms; is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside coastal weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to various weather conditions and very loud noise levels.
V EQUIPMENT USED:
- Hand tools (including but not limited to a shovel, broom, rake, post hole digger, fence post driver, hammer, screwdriver, wrench, pliers, screw gun and hand saw), two-way radio.
The Town of Middletown is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested parties may apply here.