At Surv, we strengthen communities by providing a to-do list membership for aging homeowners. We provide reliable home help for the retiring and aging-in-place population by partnering them with young, service-minded adults who are capable of completing basic jobs such as painting, landscaping, decorations, junk removal and moving. We live and breathe by the mission and values of our company.
About the Role: The Community Business Developer (CBD) is an entrepreneur-like role. They’re responsible for building key relationships with local institutions, businesses and residents with the overall goal of raising awareness about Surv, generating business and recruiting various members to the team. Successful Community Business Developers design and execute plans to meet business goals, think creatively and work collaboratively with others internally and externally. Ideal CBD have a passion for serving others, developing meaningful relationships and being part of a team focused on growing a business they can be proud of.
You will be responsible for:
- Generating new business through channel partnerships and events
- Maintaining and leveraging warm relations with current channel partners and client relationships
- Leading recruitment efforts to help develop a team of Local Workers who align with company values
- Spearheading new customer acquisition trials and initiatives for the market
- Entrepreneurial mindset, driven to own and grow your market
- Organizational skills, able to track various tasks, prioritize and complete tasks efficiently
- Strong local connections and relationships within the community
- A tenacious, can-do attitude especially in the face of challenges
- Kindness, optimism, curiosity, intelligence, empathy, self-awareness and integrity
- Applicants must live in Rhode Island, own a smartphone and have reliable transportation
- Applicants must be available to work full-time (at least 40 hours/week)
Things we are looking for:
- 1-3 years experience in a sales role
- Alignment with our Core Values:
- Agape: Choosing the highest good in how we treat othersChoosing love to bridge division
- Community: To better, to know, and be known by the people around us.To better. To know. To be known
- Growth Mindset: Embracing feedback and reflection on actions to become my best self
- Finish Strong: Committing to a high level of quality from start to finishThe home stretch is the hardest and most important part
- Full Life: Being intentional no matter the circumstancesCommitted to the journey of purpose and intentional living in all things
- Construction, landscaping, home improvement and/or contracting experience preferred, but not required
- Thrives in a dynamic, continuously-evolving work environment, able to adapt and problem solve quickly
- Reliable, prompt and skilled communicator
Benefits and Compensation
- Starting at $50k/year
- Paid holidays
- Mileage reimbursements
- Stipend for personal travel
What does success look like?
- Meeting sales goals each month
- Sales related decisions meet minimum profit requirement
- Recruitment goals met for each quarter
What is the next phase of your role?
Leading and elevating a small team of business developers to pioneer new initiatives and grow the market.
How You Will Be Supported:
- CEO of Surv: Help with initial role training and regular coaching to help you grow in your role
- General Manager: Will partner with you on strategic planning and help ensure you are meeting goals
- Neighbor Success Team: Inbound sales team to partner with on closing new opportunities
Interested parties may apply here.