Retail Sales Associate must be enthusiastic, friendly and passionate individual, who enjoys providing the best in class shopping experience to our pet parents. The Sales Associate is responsible for the proper and efficient operation of the store during their shift, within company policy. The position provides an opportunity, in a retail setting, to excel in a growing, high impact, customer focused role, working both independently and as a member of a team, to positively influence the lives of pets and pet parents.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provides best in class customer service in a friendly, professional manner by anticipating customer needs and actively identifying and resolving potential service issues.
· Focuses on the customer by giving a warm and friendly greeting, maintains eye contact and offers locating additional items, when needed.
· Accurately performs cashier duties - handling cash, checks and credit card transactions with precision while following company policies and procedures.
· Maintains the sales floor by restocking shelves, checking in vendors, updating pricing information and completing inventory management tasks as directed by store manager.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule as needed, supporting opening and closing store activities, when scheduled.
· Must be 16 years of age or older
· High School diploma or equivalent (or in process).
· Perform arithmetic calculations at the high school level in order to operate cash register accurately and complete cash transactions.
· Ensures physical maintenance, safety, cleanliness, and attractiveness of the store.
· Ability to regularly lift up to 50 (fifty) lbs. from floor level to above shoulder height.
· Prolonged periods of standing at the register.
· Ability to meet demands of frequent walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, climbing, pushing, pulling, and repetitive lifting, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Must be able to traverse and access all areas of the store.
Rumford Pet Express is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial or local law.
*COVID 19 Disclaimer: Our teams are working tirelessly to provide a clean and safe environment for our Associates and customers. We continue to enhance and modify our protocols, as appropriate. This includes: Plexiglas guards at cash registers; Associates conduct home health screenings two hour prior to their shift; Cleaning protocols that include hand sanitizer and supplies to clean throughout the day; Social Distancing by maintaining at least six feet between yourself and shoppers whenever possible; Face masks is a must to be worn during the shift.