Assistant Store ManagerFull Job Description
- This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join an established market leading global Brand at the beginning of their retail journey, soon to launch their first Retail Flagship Store in Newport Rhode Island with a strong desire to rollout further locations across the globe.
This is a key role within our retail business and requires a level of resilience only gained from experience working in similar store environments. You will be expected to use your experience to support the Store Manager but also operate with a degree of independence when required.
The Assistant Store Manager will be extremely enthusiastic, who shares our Brand Values and has the ability to passionately engage with their team colleagues to create an environment that will deliver a premium consumer experience and exceptional sales performance.
Gill has grown for over 45 years into an established quality technical apparel brand, serving sailors across the sport from grass roots to professionals, and from Dinghy to Ocean Sailing. We design everything by listening to sailors and their needs, and we test everything both in our lab and on the water to make sure our kit delivers. Distributed around the world to 37 countries and more recently through a global Ecommerce platform. Gill enjoys the position of a leading brand within its sector, and has an excellent reputation for quality and customer service.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day retail operations (including staffing, training, sales, visual merchandise, key holding, administration, banking and floor planners) to meet company expectations.
- Understand compliance with all relevant legislation including health and safety standards.
- Achieving set KPI’s in line with the store budgets.
- Monitoring all controllable costs for the store.
- Driving sales performance targets.
- Implementing and driving high standards of customer services within the store.
- Ensuring appropriate stock management procedures are followed including stock take, deliveries, loss prevention etc.
- Working with Marketing to support the execution of marketing strategy in stores (e.g., events, promotions, windows, layouts) and position product stories.
- Support the Store Manager to train and develop Retail Store Team to ensure accountability for delivering against performance targets (sales revenue, inventory, mystery shop etc.), efficient operations and enhancing customer experience.
- Support the Store Manager with reports and insights in a timely manner as required.
- Similar store related experience either as an Assistant Store Manager or looking to step up.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, including people-management and both written and verbal communications.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Problem solving aptitude and strong analytical ability.
- Highly organised.
- Able to deliver the highest standards of customer service.
- Confident and calm approach to dealing with both customers and staff.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Commercial awareness and industry knowledge (although not essential).
- Sales Budget
- Gross Margin %
- Inventory Turnover
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Newport, RI 02840: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Interested parties may apply here.