Communities of Opportunity Project ManagerFull Job Description
Church Community Housing Corporation – Communities of Opportunity Project Manager Job Description
About the Organization: Church Community Housing Corporation (CCHC) is a nonprofit real estate development organization dedicated to providing sustainable, energy efficient Affordable Housing to the low and moderate income residents of Newport County, Rhode Island. We provide housing through rental and home ownership opportunities without discrimination or prejudice. Through collaboration with community partners, CCHC extends its activities to community and economic development projects that particularly promote well- planned, integrated, stable, safe and healthy communities.
Communities of Opportunity Project Manager Position at CCHC:
Church Community Housing is searching for experienced candidates for its full-time Project Manager (PM) position. Working under the leadership of the Executive Director, Deputy Director, and other CCHC staff as appropriate, the COO PM will pursue a new model of integrated family Affordable Housing within the Communities of Opportunity framework.
Specifically, CCHC is eager to pursue the High Opportunity Partner Engagement (HOPE) strategy pioneered by the National Housing Trust. This strategy looks to acquire existing market-rate apartment complexes in High Opportunity areas (high performing schools, etc.) and then convert up to 30% of the apartments to Affordable as vacancies occur. The COO PM will manage all aspects of real estate development activities involved in advancing the HOPE strategy and other Community of Opportunity family housing developments for CCHC.
About You (the ideal candidate):
- You have 2-5 years of experience in real estate development project management.
- You’re committed to CCHC’s mission of helping low and moderate income people live in decent, affordable housing in safe neighborhoods
- You have strong project management skills
- You have experience in grant writing, construction management and financing (these are a plus)
- You have a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Planning, Public Administration or related field (preferred)
- You enjoy working with like-minded, caring people committed to making a difference in their community
Please provide resume and salary requirements when applying. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Employee Benefits: CCHC offers an extremely competitive benefits package, including health, life and dental insurance coverage (up to 100% depending upon plan) and a 403b annuity option.
Scope and Purpose:
The Communities of Opportunity Project Manager (COO PM) works under the leadership of the
Executive Director, Deputy Director, and other CCHC staff as appropriate. The COO PM manages all aspects of COO real estate development to advance Church Community's goals of producing integrated Affordable Family Housing in High Opportunity Areas. The COO PM may also participate in supporting other CCHC programs and services as needed.
Project Manager Activities:
- Work with project development staff (Executive Director, Deputy Director, Asset
- Manager, others as appropriate) to coordinate, track and report on Community of Opportunity development projects.
- Consistently monitor Rhode Island real-estate listings to identify eligible market rate multi-family apartment complexes for acquisition consistent with National Housing Trust HOPE model.
- Manage development project process, including funding applications, funding commitments, development team contracts, acquisition files, etc.
- Manage developments in coordination with development team members.
- Contract preparation for development team, as well as contracts for property acquisitions and sales, and coordination of financial and acquisition closing documentation related to property purchases and sales.
- Attend in-house and outside training sessions and conferences as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of all clients and beneficiaries of CCHC services.
- Assist other staff as-needed in an effort to support the mission of the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We have N95 masks and sanitizer available for all employees. We currently limit visitations from external visitors.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Work Location: One location
Interested parties may apply here.