Business Outreach Specialist
The Greater Newport Chamber of Commerce is looking for a new member to join our dynamic team. We are especially looking for individuals that are interested in advancing innovative models of business engagement and developing effective strategies for regional economic development.
The position will support the Regional Economic Development Division of the Greater Newport Chamber of Commerce and the stakeholders of Connect Greater Newport. The Business Outreach Specialist will be expected to provide support for the business retention, expansion and attraction efforts in the community as well as work on economic development and workforce development initiatives for the region.
Who: Strategic thinkers with at least 2-4 years of experience working in economic development, business, public policy, project management or planning. Master’s Degree preferred.
We are looking for people with a range of qualifications and interests including:
- Business Understanding - ability to interact with both large and small business leaders and understand the pressures and opportunities they face, previous experience in ‘calling’ on businesses to understand their needs is a plus
- Facilitation skills – small and large groups; design-thinking approach is a focus
- Interview experience – ability to get beyond the basic responses
- Entrepreneurial spirit – looking to solve challenges
- Ability to work independently and to partner effectively with colleagues and clients
- Comfort with finding and using quantitative and qualitative data
- Strong oral and writing skills – often including translation of data
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and be flexible in workload prioritization
- Comfort with tools for project management, data analysis, presentation and communication.
How much: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Where: This position will primarily work out of the Greater Newport Chamber of Commerce offices at Innovate Newport in Newport, Rhode Island. Some remote work is to be expected.
Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Erin@NewportChamber.com. Tell us how you think you can help us. Applications will not be considered without a cover letter.About the Chamber:
The Greater Newport Chamber of Commerce is one of the state’s largest business advocacy organizations, whose mission is to connect, innovate, enhance and advocate for the businesses of Greater Newport. As a trusted and reliable institution for 100 years, the Greater Newport Chamber is a vibrant collective body of the greater Newport business community with nearly 1,100 members representing over 50,000 employees. We work to create valuable strategic partnerships, promote strong economic growth, diversity and prosperity to serve its members and the Greater Newport region.