Python API/Data Developer
KVH is creating a business architecture that will enable our company to scale and automate our satellite telecom and manufacturing operations around the globe. We’re seeking software developers with both the ability to help design that architecture, and to build/test/integrate the services and APIs as we build it out. You’ll be helping to drive our migration from traditional server-based systems to cloud-based data-centric architectures.
You’ll be designing and building a Business Support System (BSS) middleware layers to automate event-driven and scheduled interactions triggered by customers, devices and systems across our networks
The key tech skills are Python, SQL, Rest, git, and use of an ESB. But just as important are solid engineering and collaboration skills: an appreciation of – and ability to create – well-architected, self-documenting APIs and systems; working directly with stakeholders to translate business needs to technical requirements; a dedication to quality, security, and maintainability throughout the design/development/implementation process; superb software-engineering skills, sometimes on an Agile team, sometimes working independently, but always well-organized; a willingness to roll-up sleeves for hands-on DevOps work when required.
Most importantly, developing software at KVH offers the best of both worlds: the opportunity to work on one of the leading global satellite telecom networks at truly global scale, and a small team environment where your creativity, ideas and feedback are encouraged and valued, and where you can make a real impact.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Integrate multiple financial, ERP, telecom and manufacturing applications via an ESB
- Build out a telecom BSS (business support system) that utilizes OpenAPI specifications such as Swagger using our sever language of choice, Python.
- Design, communicate, and lead development of solutions to complex problems
- Work with cross-functional teams to gather and translate user requirements into effective and scalable solutions
- Collaborate with product managers, technical program managers and partner teams, necessitating a comfort-level with ambiguity and a desire to create, iterate and improve.
- Evaluate technical choices and their tradeoffs
- Identify opportunities to improve our codebase and data architecture based on latest best practices and shared business needs
- Enhance data pipeline health and quality monitoring
- Design, develop, test, debug, document and support BI (Business Intelligence) specific data solutions: Including data store/data warehouse architecture, ETL/ELT process, both on premise SQL, Oracle DB and in the cloud, AWS ecosystem, utilizing our current S3 Buckets, Postgres, Dynamo DB, and ElasticSearch
- Create, implement and support a data store that allows for business self-service analytics and data visualization solutions to empower the users (Sales, Marketing, Finance and Executives)
- Apply practical data governance/security standards and techniques to ensure efficient coding logic and trusted data integrity
- Recommend and present data architecture and design stories effectively in both one-on-one and group settings
- Leverage the Agile/Scrum and DevOps methodologies
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Python development
- 3+ years of SQL
- 2+ years developing RESTful web services
- 1+ years of experience focusing on systems architecture and design (extensibility, reliability and scalability)
- Strong knowledge of Git
- Prior experience with Swagger
- Strong organizational and collaborative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- SOAP, XML
- Prior experience with ERP or financial systems
- Experience with ESB – especially Infor ION
- Any experience or knowledge of Infor technologies – particularly Infor LN or ION
- Experience with Agile development methology
- Cloud development experience, esp AWS
- Continuous integration (jenkins or similar)
- Prior experience with ITAR, FedRAMP or similar environments
U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. KVH Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability. We offer a full suite of benefits to include paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending account, employee stock purchase program, and 401k/Roth.
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. KVH also conducts background checks and drug screening after acceptance of an offer.
Interested parties may apply here