Middletown, RI or Remote
Chief Innovation & Transformation Officer
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work Environment: Office or Remote
Possible Work Hazards: Minimal
Physical Demands: Light
While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Embrace Home Loans is an Equal Opportunity and ADA compliant employer, committed to diversity in the workplace.
Performance Review on Anniversary Date
Embrace Home Loans is looking for a seasoned Scrum Master to join our team and grow our Agile Mindset. We are at the adoption stage of our Agile Transformation as we transition from waterfall to scrum. The Scrum Master will be a leader to 1-2 scrum teams where he/she will lead and guide the work of technical staff.
Responsibilities & Activities
The role will be responsible for scrum functions including:
Required Experience & Credentials
- Leverage “test and learn” and iterative practices to make better decisions faster; encourage smart risk taking and innovative thinking.
- Collect information technology related data to support customer needs.
- Monitor progress to assure deadlines, standards and cost targets are met.
- Work with Product Owner and Development Team to facilitate effective sprints by removing impediments and ensuring that stories are ‘sprint ready’ with a clear definition of done.
- Collaborate across business lines to drive simple, quick, agile outcomes that have big impacts.
- Respond to change quickly and groom enough stories that cover two sprints.
- Initiate, review, or approve modifications to project plans.
- Serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects, plan project stages and assess business implications for each stage.
- Lead daily stand-ups, facilitate story grooming and coordinate sprint demos, planning and retrospectives.
- Lead release planning and change management activities for major product changes, future versions and new products.
- 4-7 years of experience working in scrum teams
- 4-7 years of experience with general Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban, Lean, etc.) including backlog tracking and story splitting
- Experience with Agile tools (e.g. MS DevOPs, JIRA)
- Experience with Scrum Ceremonies
- Experience with metric tracking and development to improve team performance
- Certified Scrum Master or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge or exposure in the financial services industry
- Knowledge or exposure of other Agile practices (e.g. Scrumban, Kanban, TDD, CI/CD, Lean)
- Knowledge or exposure to change management
- Knowledge or exposure to Design Thinking
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Leadership Fundamentals - Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised and resolved in order to c ultivate continuous learning, inspect ion, adapt ation and creativity.
- Team Player – Coach and guide teams to understand Agile /Scrum values , principles, practices and mindset to achieve business outcomes and objectives.
- Computer Fundamentals - Integrate software into different types of pre-existing environments, architectures, or systems to update Embrace Home Loans’ work approach (e.g. from waterfall approach to scrum methodology/principles)
- Motivation - Maintain and redirect the group's focus on established scope and goals to prevent resistance to change and encourage innovation.
- Quality Standards - Design and enable “customer first thinking” to ensure that products, services and processes are of good quality, fit for purpose and beyond a single interaction.
- Written & Verbal Communication - Assist with internal and external communication on multiple platforms in order to improve conflict resolution, transparency , facilitate discussion, and improve the overall process.
Interested parties may apply here