The person holding this position provides leadership to the plant operations personnel for the safe and efficient operation of generating equipment under the general direction of the General Manager. S/he manages the daily operation of the facility to insure that the environment and plant personnel are safe. Develops and maintains start-up, shutdown, normal, abnormal and emergency operations procedures, monitors and tracks plant operating performance, and prepares operating and outage reports. S/he ensures that all plant operations are performed in compliance with all permits, laws and regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs the activities of Shift Supervisors and other personnel assigned to the Operations Department to ensure that generating requirements and plant efficiency are maintained, and that local, state and federal safety and operational environmental standards are met.
- Reviews and improves operational processes and ensures that operating personnel are properly trained and adhere to established procedures and practices.
- Develops action plans to align employee accountabilities and conduct with operational processes.
- Investigates operating abnormalities and incidents to improve equipment availability and performance and to minimize maintenance requirements.
- Prepares necessary plant operation reports in a timely manner and investigates all forced outages.
- Recruits, interviews and assigns employment candidates and assures complete safety training and orientation for all operations group members.
- Prepares operating department budgets and/or makes recommendations to the General Manager relative to operating and capital budgets.
- Reviews and provides operational input to maintenance and assists in the evaluation and troubleshooting of equipment abnormalities.
- Establishes department and group goals based on market dynamics and the needs of customers, employees, the owners and other stakeholders.
- Supports the EHS compliance supervisor with all plant safety programs.
- Provides overall coordination for plant training activities including budgeting and scheduling.
- Ensure standardization and replication of best practices throughout every operations shift team.
- The Operations Manager will be the primary point of contact with the ISO-NE Lead Market participant as well as the transmission operator for non-real time communication of production issues and information.
- Responsible for the oversight of Operation’s personnel functions pertaining to NERC Reliability Standards to include Bulk Electric System malfunctions, relay operation reports, and all other events with a time bound specific reporting criteria.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Occasional overnight travel is required
- Must be physically able to transit plant facilities and stairways
- Must be able to work in a standard office environment and operate a computer and other office equipment
Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or equivalent experience preferred. 10+ years of power plant or similar experience required. At least 5 years’ experience supervising technical, supervisory and administrative personnel required. Strong leadership and motivational skills required.
Interested parties may apply here