Summer Camp Counselor 18+
Full Job Description
JOIN OUR TEAM - The Summer Camp Counselor will help to create lifelong camp memories for Summer Campers at the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center in Newport, Rhode Island. Counselors will work with elementary school youth. Summer Camp runs from June 28th- August 20th and the ideal candidate should be available all 8 weeks of camp. This is a seasonal position.
Program Description: The MLK Community Center is running an 8-week summer learning camp focused on summer learning loss prevention. The program involves rising first to fifth graders who will be engaged through experiential learning throughout the summer.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent. Must be 18+. Experience working with children a plus; experience working in a camp setting is a plus as well. Most be willing to undergo a BCI check.
Compensation: $16 hourly.
Apply: Please send a resume to Tanya Gonzalez, Director of Education, at tgonzalez[at]MLKCCenter.org
The MLK Community Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
All employees, students, and volunteers are required to abide by all COVID-19 precautions, as determined by the RIDOH/Department of Education.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Newport, RI 02840 (Required)
- Are you over the age of 18?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Hours per week:
- 1 - 3 months
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Company's Facebook page:
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place