North End Program Director
North End Program DirectorNewport, RI 02840
Salary: $35,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year
North End Program Director
Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County, Inc.
Newport Public Schools
Newport, RI 02840
Under the direction of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County, the North End (NE) Program Director will report to the Director of Program Services & Outreach and is responsible for the following:
· BGC Clubhouse program oversight and planning at the Florence Gray Center
· Administration of the Child and Adult Care Food Program and Summer food Service Program at the FGC, Central Clubhouse and Camp Grosvenor
· Oversight and coordination of transportation for NE, Central Clubhouse and Camp Grosvenor
· Oversight and facilitation of programs, recruitment and marketing
· Facility oversight
· Work with multiple partners on BGC and community initiatives. Collaboration is very important
Position Type: full time
Positions Available: 1
· Associates Degree required. Bachelors preferred.
· Bilingual Spanish preferred.
· At least 3 years of experience in a similar position or comparable experience
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Knowledge of or the ability to obtain knowledge of the Newport Community (including community agency programs/services).
· Demonstrated ability to work with youth from a culturally diverse population and a sensitivity to that population.
· Must be proficient with computer technology – e.g. Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, Power Point, and the ability to keep accurate data for reporting purposes and to work independently/self-starter.
· CPR/First Aid certified
· Citizenship, residency or work VISA in the United States required.
· Work closely with Central Clubhouse staff to ensure the facility is maintained and fully functional.
· Supervise FGC programming, establish program goals and ensure that staff and partners are meeting expectations. Work with staff to recruit and register youth for programs and ensure an average daily attendance of at least 50 youth per day.
· Provide support in maintaining and assisting Central Clubhouse staff to ensure accurate member files, data entry, and other reporting for all FGC Members.
· Coordinate and administer all aspects of the federal food programs at Florence Gray. Manage staff, meal counts, menus and abide by all state and federal guidelines.
· Provide assistance in the preparation, recruitment, training and operations of Camp Grosvenor.
· As per request, participate on committees/workgroups when requested.
· Actively engage with youth at the Boys & Girls Club of Newport by providing program and behavior management support.
· Assist in the development and facilitation of programs and services in partnership with the Newport and Middletown School Departments. Work with teachers to implement programs during the school day and afterschool.
· Intentionally outreach to socio-economically diverse youth to become the place of choice for all children and youth
· identify and respond to the mental and behavioral health needs of youth, with a focus on prevention through direct service and community collaboration
· Develop business plans and capacity to create additional fee-based services in areas such as athletics that serve teens
· Assess the effectiveness of the Club’s “wraparound” services during the pandemic to determine which new initiatives will continue post-pandemic and how delivery may need to be modified
· Pursue community/school-based partnerships to provide greater access to more children and youth and to help meet BGC and Community’s top priorities
· Position the Club to establish a greater presence and services in the North End to Align with Planned Development in the Area
· Engage in community building activities to become a trusted partner with residents
· Ensure that Club leadership is visible and present at community meetings, etc.
Terms of Employment:
25 hours per week x 39 weeks will be spent working at the Florence Gray Center. 15 hours per week x 39 weeks will be spent working in the Boys & Girls Club of Newport/ program partners. 40 hours per week x 16 weeks will be spent working with the Boys & Girls Club of Newport camps and programs.