Museum Collections Project Assistant
Full Job Description
Job Summary: To assist with museum collections work, including inventory and assessment of objects moving to off-site storage; basic object research; data entry into museum collections database (Collector Systems); additional support as needed related to museum collections such as object moves/handling, basic collections care.
Classification: Part-time (Non-Exempt) project based; March-December (15-20 hrs/wk)
Salary Range: $21.00 -$22.00 per hour and a 401(k) contribution (not a match).
· Inventory and assessment of objects including furniture, decorative arts, fine art, ephemera
· Photographing objects as needed
· Packing objects for long-term storage
· Updating museum collections database with object information including location and condition
· Other duties as assigned related to object handling, moving objects, and basic collections care
· Bachelor’s degree in history, art history, fine art or related field
· Strong knowledge in object handling and awareness/sensitivity
· Previous museum experience preferred; internships and volunteer work will be considered
· Interest in history and behind the scenes work of museums
· Ability to perform tasks independently
· Ability to perform physical tasks (lift 30 lbs.) with physical mobility and ability to climb stairs and ladders
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé. The position remains open until filled. EOE.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $21.00 - $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Interested parties may apply here.