Job DeveloperFull Job Description
We are seeking a Full Time Job Developer to support individuals with disabilities in job searching and placement.The right person must be mission focused, and passionate about making an individual’s career dreams a reality. Must also demonstrate person centered practices and be eager to go out into the community and make connections that lead to meaningful employment.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain working relationships with employers, industry organizations, and public agencies to source job openings and secure employment and vocational training opportunities for individuals.
- Researches and maintains current job listings and develops resources for individuals to identify current job openings related to their identified career goal.
- Evaluate individual's background, skills and interests and match to potential job openings and/or training programs.
- Coach and prepare individual for entry into the workforce.
- Works with individuals and employers to identify job accommodations and solutions to employment barriers.
- Supervise employment to ensure people attain success in job placement and career objectives.
- Ensures that required program data is properly maintained and reported.
- Gathers, analyzes and maintains data and statistical information to evaluate effectiveness of services and to identify goals to meet individual and program needs.
- Maintain knowledge of Federal and State labor laws and regulations relevant to persons with disabilities including Americans with Disabilities Act, Equal Opportunity Employment and laws and regulations governing federally funded programs.
- Maintains professional and regular contact with employers, families, guardians, and funding sources. Presents information regarding any person served in a professional manner.
- Performs all advocacy and case management responsibilities for assigned caseload.
- Completes and maintains written records as assigned by supervisor: Prepares all paperwork as required by the funding source for the plan of the person served, maintains data, writes and submits progress notes or other documents within the identified time frames as required.
- Transports individuals supported using personal vehicle to and from work and/or community activities when no other agency vehicles or other options are available.
- Meets the physical and personal care needs of the individuals supported by the program when needed.
- Demonstrates and implements knowledge of Looking Upwards policies, as well as funding source regulations.
- Follows HIPPA and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Other duties/projects as assigned
- Work effectively with individuals with disabilities
- Create, plan, implement, and evaluate multiple projects on an ongoing basis necessary to meet program and outreach objectives
- Establish and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships with members of a diverse community, including employers, students/clients, community agencies and state and local government agencies
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
- Effectively plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Communicate efficiently both orally and in writing.
- Supervise, train and provide work direction to others.
- Be a collaborative and engaging part of a team.
- Be flexible - The work environment changes daily. Our Job Developers work in office spaces, program areas, at the employer of the individual supported, at volunteer sites, in vehicles and in various locations out in the community during outings.
- Full time comes with a competitive benefits package
- Minimum Bachelor's degree preferred OR Associate's Degree and at least 3 years of related experience including supporting children/adults with disabilities required.
- Must be ACRE certified or able to meet requirements within 6 months of employment.
- Prior to employment, successful candidate must pass BCI background check, CANTS clearance, professional reference check and driving record check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, VETERAN STATUS OR DISABILITY
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $19.24 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We have COVID-19 safety protocols in place and are following all state and local guidance. We will provide all PPE required for job duties.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rhode Island: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Multiple locations
Interested parties may apply here.