Position: Job Developer
Posting Date: September 24, 2019
The James L. Maher Center is a non-profit agency supporting adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. We are currently seeking a Job Developer to join our Vocational Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively markets and represents Vocational program, its clients and services to employers.
- Promotes and develops employment, on- the–job training and volunteer opportunities for applicants.
- Assists employers in revising standards which exclude applicants from jobs if/when applicable
- Demonstrates to employers the effectiveness and profitability of employing people of all abilities by identifying jobs that workers could perform.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with employers.
- Promotes and develops on-the-job training program opportunities with employers.
- Identifies the need for and assists in the development of auxiliary services to facilitate bringing applicants into job-ready status.
- Instructs applicants in resume writing, job search, and interviewing techniques.
- Pursues community linkages and jobs.
- Cross trains Job Coaches to insure continuity of program requirements.
- Identify need for and assist in development of auxiliary services to facilitate bringing applicants into job- ready status.
- Attend necessary meetings to provide ongoing and accurate support for the client involved.
- Conducts life skills and job readiness classes.
- Completes written reports and necessary documents as required by funding sources.
- Fills in for job coaches when necessary.
- Develops placement opportunities and provides case management services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Necessary knowledge, skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- ACRE or CESP certification
- 3 years’ experience in Human Service field
- Possess valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle (insured / registered)
- Approved National Criminal Background Check
- Knowledge of workforce development and Labor Market information
- Ability to motivate participants
- Comfortable traveling throughout RI
- Strong documentation / written skills
- Possess interpersonal skills to work cooperatively and effectively with groups and individuals.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Strong verbal skills, comfortable in interacting with public
- Flexible and team oriented
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (Healthcare ad Dependent Care)
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Days
- Holiday Pay
- 403(b) Retirement Account
- Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Educational Reimbursement
- Employee Wellness Initiatives
Human Resources at 401-846-4600 or firstname.lastname@example.org