James L. Maher Center
Position: Direct Support Professionals
Location: Barrington, Bristol, Warren, Middletown, Newport - RI
Schedule: Full time, Part time
This field of work is immensely rewarding. NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED -- We provide all of the training and certificates to assist you in your growth as a valued employee.
The James L. Maher Center is a non-profit organization that provides support and services for individuals with developmental or other disabilities. We are seeking multiple Direct Support Professionals for our Residential Programs and Community Based Support Program!
Hours vary and one shift per weekend is required in our residential programs. We are offer a shift differential on selective shifts!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide direct support to individuals with developmental disabilities fostering independence through active participation.
- Provide services to persons with developmental disabilities within the context of an environment that is free from any type of abuse, neglect, mistreatment or any other human rights violation.
- Must work closely with the Residential Nurse to support clients with medication administration and other related duties - where applicable - while fostering an atmosphere and environment of healthy physical-living.
- Ability to lift, bend and transfer - if/when necessary - when supporting clients.
- Provide personal care/hygiene support when necessary.
- Possible use of own vehicle, providing transportation for activities and appointments.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- Flexibility & Dependability.
- Ability to work in a team oriented setting.
- Good oral and written communication skills and competencies.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Applicant must pass a National Criminal Background check.
- Clear OIG.
- Valid Driver's License.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Requires ability to lift, bend and transfer – if/when necessary – when supporting clients.
In addition to a culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion, we offer a competitive benefit package for Full-Time employees.
Please submit resume to: humanresources @ mahercenter.org
We are an Affirmative Action/EEOC employer.
Related keywords: direct support professional, dsp, caregiver, hiring immediately, direct support
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 - 10 hour shifts
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
COVID-19 considerations: Homes are cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Reading, writing, and carrying out directions
- Charting or taking notes for others to review
- Providing companionship and supportive listening
- Reporting changes in the health or status of the client
- Taking vitals, height, and weight
- Feeding clients
- Responding to emergency situations
- Administering medication
- Transporting client to appointments
- Facilitating community and recreational outings, including transport
- Providing support with hobbies, studies, and social activities
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Interested parties may apply here