Direct Support Manager (DSM)
The James L. Maher Center is devoted to providing a broad range of services that advance independence and create opportunities for adults with developmental disabilities. We serve in achieving the quality of life each person desires and encourage mutual respect and dignity through teaching, guidance and counseling in accordance with the Maher Center’s philosophies, local, state and federal regulations and management policies.
We are seeking an upbeat and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a DIRECT SUPPORT MANAGER for our Residential Program.
· Managers must support the individual in developing community acceptance, understanding, and respect through building and maintaining community relationships
· Responsible for implementation, oversight and maintenance of all accountability and documentation systems in place at the home including but not limited to:
· Financial – All household and resident finances
· Staffing – All program staffing
· Medical – With assistance from the RN, follow approved medical practices and procedures
· Program – Overall responsibilities including review of all data related to the IP goals and objectives; review of all daily log entries; recording all resident and staff concerns; reporting information at monthly inter-disciplinary team meetings; be an active member of the IDT; provide direct support to all ancillary staff; assist in the maintenance of all household records and individual activities schedules.
· Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills Knowledge and Abilities:
- Previous managerial or supervisory experience necessary
- Flexibility a must with 24/7 oversight of group home needs
- Must possess organizational skills
- Able to work independently and effectively multi-task within a variety of circumstances
- Computer skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook necessary
- The ability to provide individualized support to the people we serve
- The ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- The ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- The ability to solve problems according to JLM Center’s policies and procedures
- The ability to support the individuals in meeting their financial needs
- High school diploma or GED
- Favorable National Criminal Background Check
- Clear OIG
- Valid Driver’s License
In addition to a culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion, we offer a competitive benefit package for Full-Time employees, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (Healthcare & Dependent Care)
- Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- Holiday Pay
- Mileage Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Account
- Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Educational Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- AFLAC Insurance
We are an Affirmative Action/EEOC employer.
Job Type: Full-time