The Social Media Coordinator, as a member of the Marketing Department, is responsible for developing and executing social media and digital content that serves the purposes of acquiring and engaging International Tennis Hall of Fame audiences and supporting business initiatives. The role will assist in longer-term strategic planning and calendaring of the ITHF’s content initiatives and creation of editorial, graphical, and event-related assets. The position is based in Newport, R.I. and reports to the Director of Communications.
- Work within the guidelines of a departmental content calendar that supports business objectives and generate ongoing editorial content across multiple social platforms, related to the following areas: stories, history and biographical elements of Hall of Famers, extensive museum collection, the Hall of Fame Open (annual ATP tournament hosted annually by the ITHF), furthering of the ITHF’s philanthropic and nonprofit mission, the Hall of Fame Tennis Club, TeamFAME (ITHF’s National Junior Tennis & Learning chapter), ticket sales and other revenue generation, event publicity, sponsorship, museum and tennis club scheduling, retail sales and other business units
- Execute the departmental content plan for all ITHF events and key events in the tennis world across the organization’s social platforms
- Create and implement social media assets, including graphics, short videos, GIFs, etc. that are consistent in brand guidelines and voice
- Responsible for keeping the ITHF social channels organized and aligned with industry trends and standards
- Generate and execute new ideas for growing social audience and engagement across digital platforms
- Keep in touch with the latest social media and content trends, and implement new methods when aligned with ITHF content goals
- Research potential content topics and assist in developing compelling storylines that maximize engagement
- Community management across social channels, including proactive engagement with fans, followers, influencers and tennis partners
- Responsible for ensuring all content is factually and grammatically accurate, and appropriately sourced and credited when necessary
- Assist external vendors, including photographers, videographers, and designers, to develop social media assets and collateral as needed
- Support email and social marketing campaigns as needed
- Support the organization in areas including copy writing, proof reading, brand management, photo and video procurement
- Other tasks as needed
- Creative thinker and storyteller with ability to generate and execute new ideas
- Extreme attention to detail and organization, with the ability to work under a larger content strategy
- Excellent writing and grammatical skills, specifically for marketing and social media
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and other digital graphic design programs
- Video production experience preferred
- Expertise in using all social media platforms and up-to-date on best practices
- Knowledge of and experience in working large-scale sporting events preferred
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure
- Willingness to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Willing to travel and work on-site events as needed
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience in social media, content creation or digital multimedia
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Knowledge and appreciation of the sport of tennis preferred.
Interested parties may apply here.