Opportunity for a Marketing Manager to carry out competitive marketing and positioning research. This includes maintaining an up-to-date reference marketing campaigns and projects designed to drive new leads, increase brand awareness, and support new and expanding markets along with new products. The Marketing Manager will work closely with the leisure sales teams in all markets as well as the design team to plan, write, and deliver best-in-class, compelling sales and brand awareness campaigns, sales presentations, and effective, engaging copy for marketing initiatives, source and applying competitive differentiators to marketing content.
- Identifying, planning, and managing demand generation and awareness marketing campaigns, including strategic goals, positioning and messaging, concept development, and campaign goal setting and performance metrics
- Conducting market and competitive research; maintaining an up-to-date assessment of competitive positioning, products, and price points for marketing and sales reference; providing recommendations on opportunities for differentiation within KVH’s competitive positioning.
- Serving as copywriter for leisure marine content, including brochures, datasheets, blog entries, customer stories and case studies, etc.
- Developing creative briefs and key messaging for mobile connectivity product and service launch initiatives based on voice of customer insights, competitive differentiators, and industry requirements
- Integrating content development, social media, direct outreach to prospects, advertising, speaking opportunities, public relations, sales lead management, events, and other elements as appropriate into mobile connectivity campaigns and in coordination with appropriate members of the marketing and sales teams.
- Serving as the liaison to the leisure marine sales team through regular participation in Sales meetings and planning, leading quarterly sales/marketing discussions, and proposing and developing leisure marine marketing campaigns, events, etc., based on feedback and insights from the sales team and outside representatives.
- Planning and staffing live customer events ranging from “on the docks” activities to leisure marine trade shows
- Working with Marketing, Sales, and other internal stakeholders to develop content for compelling presentations to be used during the Sales process and other venues.
- Ensuring consistency in theme and strategic focus in corporate and product messages, review content for accuracy and consistency of product terminology as well as adherence to grammar standards and KVH style.
- Updating and maintaining proposal content and support databases.
- Must be able to understand high-tech products and services with the ability to assimilate and articulate that information into easily understood and compelling copy.
- Outstanding writing skills a requirement. Must have a mastery of language. Great spelling, punctuation and grammar count, as well as the ability to write succinctly and boil complex ideas down into simple, compelling explanations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, Communications, or related area.
- Experience in leisure maritime industry a plus
- 4+ years practical experience in the marketing field; experience in the maritime industry and/or high-technology products and services preferred
- Creativity: Proven ability to understand an audience and creatively explain ideas in a way that will be appealing. Proven record of developing engaging content and campaigns
- Outstanding time management skills and proven project management skills with the ability to organize, manage multiple assignments, and write under tight deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
KVH offers a full suite of benefits to include generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible/health spending account, employee stock purchase program, and retirement plan.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. KVH also conducts background checks and drug screening after acceptance of an offer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Interested parties may apply here