Summary: The Marketing Associate leverages contemporary marketing tools to help United Way of Rhode Island achieve its strategic goals. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic communications and marketing professional with demonstrated skills and an interest in pursuing a career with a nonprofit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize, write, design, and produce effective integrated marketing campaigns including any or all of the following: radio, digital and print advertising; social media posts, including paid; direct mail, both traditional and electronic; events, both virtual or in-person; printed and digital collateral; direct mailed objects; and creative guerilla marketing.
- Assist in writing and proofreading various forms of video, digital, and print copy and content.
- Ensure that all marketing materials are consistent with the positioning, plan, brand standards, voice, etc. established by the head of marketing.
- Assist in developing, managing and optimizing an online marketing strategy including SEO through use of social media, Google AdWords, PPC, email campaigns, and various websites.
- Keep the organization’s website, landing pages and local listings (on Google, Yelp, etc.) accurate and up to date.
- Create and curate content on social media, including approximately 6-10 posts per week, including late-breaking news, to grow audience share, impressions and engagement.
- Monitor and respond to reviews and comments on their social media posts. Facilitate problem-resolution when needed.
- Produce one monthly newsletter, including copy, list development, and distribution, working closely with subject area experts.
- Develop approximately two substantial content pieces per year.
- Work within assigned marketing budgets; process invoices related to their work.
- Stay on top of marketing best practices.
- Provide monthly reporting for digital channels against KPIs to determine ROI. Make recommendations for improvements.
- Use project management tools to track and manage project timelines and budgets while ensuring the quality of each task and project outcome.
- Support the marketing team by coordinating and assisting with community events, media appearances, sponsorship execution, retail promotions and customer loyalty programs.
- Collaborate with colleagues cross-departmentally – bringing the vision for the United Way’s Strategic Plan, Live United 2025, to life.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skilled in creating, editing, and promoting written and visual content. Experience developing social media posts, informational articles/content, programmatic documents, video, etc., is preferred.
- One - three years’ digital marketing, graphic design and social media experience; corporate marketing, advertising agency or non-profit experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to calibrate messaging for a wide range of audiences from diverse backgrounds, including corporate executives, individual donors, nonprofit leaders, older adults, and families in crisis.
- Experience using social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram and knowledge of emerging platforms.
- Familiar with Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, PowerPoint, Adobe Premier or other graphic design and video editing software.
- Experience with WordPress or other web design or web development a plus. Also, web skills/experience including working with robust marketing platforms, like WordPress along with other plug-ins like BeaverBuilder
- Experience using Google AdWords and knowledge of Google Analytics and other analytical tools.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills. Follow up and meet deadlines. Able to work independently.
- Flexible, innovative and able to adapt to the changing needs of the organization.
- Spanish/English bilingual preferred
This job description is intended to convey the essential functions of this position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
APPLY ONLINE: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html? cid=d1dc3040-29d9-4c2f-804d-1cf6f4ac31b8&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US