Marketing and Communications Manager
Job Summary: The Newport Restoration Foundation is seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager to join their friendly, close-knit team. This position has primary responsibility for promoting the organization as a whole, as well as its individual historic and museum properties, collections, exhibitions, and events to meet three specific goals: build awareness locally and nationally of NRF, increase attendance, and grow revenue both through program and development activities. The position requires a focus on outcomes and adherence to demanding schedule of deadlines, but also allows for innovative use of both print, social, and other electronic media. The Marketing and Communications Manager works in consultation with staff across the organization to develop and refine NRF’s institutional voice(s) and key messages for broadcast via all available means.
- Manages digital media platforms such as the website, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest) and MailChimp e-news/event promotion communications. Monitoring and posting to these platforms can extend beyond normal business hours and includes interacting with followers/fans.
- Drafts and updates communication protocols for all departments.
- Meets regularly with Curatorial, Education, and Development and Preservation departments to understand their marketing needs.
- Coordinates work with contract designers for marketing materials and manages placement of advertisements for NRF properties and programs, locally and regionally; including distribution of print materials (rack cards, flyers, etc.) locally.
- Acts as the organization’s in-house graphic designer. Projects include the annual report, signage, digital/social promotions, shop items/collateral etc.
- Responsible for routine listings of events in print and online calendars.
- Manages constituent lists and CRM contacts in coordination with the Manager of Development and Donor Relations.
- Develop and distribute press releases, story pitches, and other announcements to local and national media outlets. Work with journalists on content and photography requests. Provide editorial review of any materials made for public distribution.
- Serves as NRF’s primary contact for all media outlets and cultivates relationships with press and advertisers.
- Responsible for all areas of photography and film/video. This includes the following:
- Acts as in-house photographer for NRF events, programs, special guest visits and preservation work, for documentation purposes and for use in marketing.
- Manages NRF photography library with Curator and coordinates all photo requests and permission forms for publication.
- Coordinates and is present at NRF commissioned professional photography shoots, as well as photo/film shoots directed by the media or commercial photographers/videographers at any NRF property.
- Coordinates technical web aspects (website hosting & domains, social media access) f0r NRF, Keeping History Above Water and other NRF related projects.
- Collect, organize, and archive marketing and media records for future reference.
- Attends and represents NRF at Discover Newport marketing meetings and local events as available and coordinates local tourism marketing partnerships.
- Manages marketing department budgets for all NRF properties.
- Other projects as requested by the Executive Director.
- Minimum of a B.A., with a concentration in marketing, public relations, communications or major field related to mission and collections of NRF.
- Three years of professional marketing or transferrable experience required, preferably in museum, historical society, other non-profit, or gallery setting.
- Must be capable of managing multiple concurrent projects and meeting closely spaced deadlines.
- Experience working with the press and media.
- Must use electronic and social media with ease, and have experience with managing organizational social media campaigns.
- Excellent grasp of graphic design principles; experience with graphics software (Adobe Creative Suite) highly desirable to meet demands of in-house design projects.
- Must be comfortable with photographing events
- Experience with budget management and planning required
- Requires excellent verbal and written skills.
- Knows Microsoft Office products.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Salary: $55,000 with full benefit package; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, health savings account, paid time off, 401(k) contribution and professional development assistance.
All employees are required to comply with NRF COVID-19 policies.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. by EOB Tuesday February 1st, 2022. Review of applications will begin immediately. EOE.