Stakeholder Engagement Coordinator
The Rhode Island Commerce Corporation, as the official economic development arm of the State of Rhode Island, works to drive prosperity in the state and help Rhode Island businesses and residents thrive. A quasi-public agency, the Commerce Corporation serves as a government and community resource to help boost business expansion in, and relocation to, Rhode Island. We are a passionate, innovative, driven, and
resourceful team inspired by the belief that we can expand opportunities so that more Rhode Islanders are able to succeed.
The Stakeholder Engagement Coordinator is responsible for overseeing robust engagement and outreach to key stakeholders and communities in support of the State’s broadband deployment and digital equity efforts. Reporting to the Director of Broadband Strategy, this position will work to ensure that Rhode Island’s broadband efforts meet communities where they are and reflect the needs of communities across the State. The position will work to ensure all residents have the opportunity to access affordable, reliable broadband services and to understand the foundational digital skills to use technology for such needs as employment opportunities and remote work, education, and healthcare. Responsibilities will include leveraging resources; monitoring, reporting on, and developing program performance metrics; and coordinating efforts to deepen strategic partnerships with stakeholders, community partners, and key constituents.
• Develop, execute, and evaluate engagement and outreach strategies with lists of contacts and relationships for continuous improvement and efficiencies based on the needs discovered in the communities across Rhode Island.
• Assist in the development of a five-year action plan and the Final Proposal for Rhode Island’s state broadband deployment and digital equity program.
• Understand and communicate effectively and accurately the different types of broadband delivery models, as well as companies, services, entities, and grant programs in the industry.
• Develop informational materials such as fact sheets, brochures, pamphlets, webinars, social media content, and newsletters to promote awareness and foster community engagement and participation.
• Manage and support events and program-related meeting logistics and operations to include scheduling meetings, securing venues for engagement activities when and where appropriate, and setting up activity agendas related to broadband development programs and initiatives.
• Coordinate outreach efforts to stakeholder groups including government, industry, tribal, and community stakeholders, fostering effective communication across all entities.
• Manage stakeholder relations and build rapport with all interested parties, including members of the public, leaders of historically underrepresented communities, internet service providers, community and business leaders and State entities using verbal and written communication.
• Conduct and support outreach efforts, including but not limited to webinars, listening sessions, town halls, state planning conferences, and digital and social media content.
• Develop and facilitate working sessions and/or information briefings in person and via webinar aimed at capturing stakeholder input.
• Coordinate and attend stakeholder meetings utilizing various platforms and respond to inquiries related to federal dollars.
• Update agency website and social media platforms with program related activities and content.
• Track and report all stakeholder engagement activities and communicate key findings to interested parties, including State and federal agencies.
• Represent the Corporation at community events as needed.
This role may require occasional work on evenings and/or weekends.
• Stakeholder and community engagement: Job requires an ability to work with various internal and external stakeholders.
• Exceptional communication skills: Job requires the ability to listen and understand the concerns of a diverse set of stakeholders and key constituencies and summarize that learning into actionable steps.
• Project and program management: Job requires the ability to juggle the strategic administration of many concurrent grant programs with limited staff support, ensuring smart interconnection across efforts.
• Initiative: Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges and find ways over, around, or through barriers to success.
• Demonstrated experience working in stakeholder engagement to community relations.
• Excellent communication skills and an ability to prepare clear, informative, and concise written materials. Must be able to communicate effectively across multiple stakeholder and partner groups.
• Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and ability to work with sensitive information.
• Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple project portfolios.
• Ability to maintain flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
• An understanding of basic broadband deployment and digital equity concepts.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as well as Adobe Acrobat.
This role is funded through federal State Fiscal Recovery Funds for a two-year term. The term may be extended contingent on continued funding.
To be considered for this position, candidates must submit a cover letter along with a professional resume via email to:Rhode Island Commerce Corporation
The Rhode Island Commerce Corporation (the ‘Corporation’) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. The Corporation will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.