WANTED: Cybersecurity Engineering Technician with a Secret Clearance!
As a Cybersecurity Engineering Technician, you will:/p>
A week in the life of a Cybersecurity Engineering Technician:
- Join a leading company with over 40 years in the industry
- Receive robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Join a team of dedicated professionals who care about the quality of our product
- Be a part of an empowered accountability culture where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the future success and growth of the company
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
- Research and recommend cybersecurity architectures and procedures, executing cybersecurity vulnerability testing in mixed network environments
- Generate and manage cybersecurity Assessment and documentation
- Participate in technical meetings, providing cybersecurity services for military tactical/non-tactical, Electronics Support Measures suites and relational database applications
Veteran Hiring Awards
- Forbes National Best Midsize Companies
- Energage National Best Workplaces, National
- Washington Post Best Workplaces
- U.S. Department of Labor Hire Vets Medallion
- BEST FOR VETS by Military Times
- TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANY by MilitaryFriendly.com
- 1-3 years experience in cybersecurity and/or Information Technology/networks
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology field preferred
- Active Secret US government Security clearance required with an active Top Secret clearance preferred
- Proficiency with information systems vulnerability scanning tools, e.g., DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), Security Readiness Review (SRR) scripts, and implementation of
- Proficient in the use and analysis of penetration testing tools
- Possess or readily able to obtain DoD 8570.1-M Cybersecurity Technician Level II certification (e.g., CompTIA Security+/Network+ or equivalent and operating systems certification e.g. Microsoft Technology Associate, CompTIA Linux+ or Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA))
- Proficient in MS Windows 7, 10 and Server operating systems and familiarity with UNIX/Linux, Solaris, VMware, Real-Time Operating Systems, routers, and embedded processor networking environments
- Certified Ethical Hacker certification a plus
- Military tactical/non-tactical LAN and/or large information systems experience in encryption, key management, patch management, Identification and Authentication, Auditing and Monitoring, routers and systems/network management a plus
- Microsoft Batch, Linux Bash or Java programming experience a plus
Interested parties may apply here.