MIKEL is a growing company providing undersea warfare solutions to the Department of Defense and various civilian organizations since the company's inception in 1999.
MIKEL is seeking an experienced Human Resource (HR) Manager to oversee all areas of workforce management. The HR manager's primary function is to support the growth of MIKEL specifically to deliver people-related processes, vision, and strategy in calibration with the overall business strategy and align with all legal, regulatory and compliance structures necessary for the company's business model.
Roles And Responsibilities
The HR Manager has three primary roles; administrative, change management, and people management. Administrative tasks include hiring, terminations, managing compensation and benefits, and development of policies and guidelines.
The HR Manager Is Responsible For
- Managing workplace safety initiatives
- Employment policies and procedures
- Managing HR and other administrative staff
- Finding, screening, and recruiting new job applicants
- Onboarding newcomers to the company
- Determining suitable salaries and remuneration
- Developing adequate induction and training
- Supporting employee opportunities for professional development
- Managing succession planning of staff
- Assisting with the monitoring of employees and the performance management process
- Overseeing rewards and recognition programs
- Administering employee-benefit programs
- Dealing with miscellaneous employee issues
- Developing training and development programs for all employees
- Support other colleagues within the business to resolve challenging issues related to the employment and dismissal of staff.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and/or 10-15 years of direct Human Resources experience, to include employee supervision
- Experience ensuring Federal labor law compliance and state labor law compliance in multiple states
- Experience with technical recruiting
- Experience with the administration of a corporate compensation and benefits program.
- Experience with annual salary planning
- Experience with OFCCP, DOL, 401k, and other audits as required
- Ability to use internal systems to generate reports for senior management
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding employees' rates and other protected information
In this highly people-focused role, the ideal candidate should have strong collaboration, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills. It is also essential that they are up to date with an understanding of industry competition for people, current pay rates and industry trends surrounding non-monetary benefits. Plus have:
- Industry specific (US Navy contractor) HR experience
- Secret Level clearance, or the ability to attain a clearance
- Experience with McNamara-O'Hara Service Contract Act (SCA) employees
- Knowledge of Facility Security for a classified facility
- Working experience with ADP workforce now, and ADP recruiter
- Experience with Deltek to include Costpoint
- Worldatwork or SHRM certification
Interested parties may apply here