Human Resource CoordinatorFull Job Description
We are currently seeking a Human Resource Manager to join our team! Come Join a great team! Work for a company that offers excellent benefits (per eligibility requirements):
- Vacation Time
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance with EMPLOYEE CONTRIBUTION PLAN AS LOW AS $12.00 FOR SINGLE & $39.00 PER FAMILY.
- 401k with employer match
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
We offer top quality senior living and rehabilitative care. Our staff is devoted to providing our residents with a homelike, safe environment designed to improve their quality of life. As part of Athena Health Care Systems’ continuum of care, residents can happily “age in place” knowing that they don’t have to move as their care needs change. Our staff are highly trained to give residents care at every level.
Athena Health Care Systems, based in Connecticut, has been a leader in providing quality health care services since 1984. With nursing homes throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island, Athena has been recognized as one of the largest managers of skilled nursing facilities. By enhancing the quality of life and quality of our environments, we have made our managed facilities a better place for our residents to live and a better place for employees to work.
PURPOSE OF YOUR POSITION:
The Human Resource Manager will be responsible to oversee and assist in the provision of facility human resource services which include employee benefits administration, human resource policies, procedures and management systems, employee relations, recruitment, as well as other administrative functions pertaining to management or general business of daily operations. The Human Resource Manager will also assist the Administrator with performing work of substantial importance in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, to assure that proper administrative procedures are maintained at all times.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Maintains confidentiality of all employee and resident related information.
- Maintains accurate and organized administrative files, records and facility policy books.
- Maintains facility personnel files, ensures the timely completion of all required evaluations and paperwork, coordinate and manage accurate and organized personnel files.
- Assists in recruitment and retention of facility staff.
- Completes all background check processes in accordance with all federal and state specific regulations and facility protocols.
- Completes professional license and certified nursing certification verifications, as well as ongoing verifications throughout an employee’s employment
- Coordinates and completes a successful and positive onboarding experience for new employees, ensuring full compliance with facility protocols.
- Coordinates inter/intra facility communication.
- Coordinates Worker’s Compensation and all other in-house insurance programs (medical, dental, short term disability, life insurance, etc.).
- Responds to employee questions and problems pertaining to the eligibility and availability of benefits.
- Maintains all regulatory required logs and records (i.e., FMLA, OSHA, EEOC, CHRO, etc.).
- Knowledge about laws and regulations relating to job responsibilities, e.g., EEO, OSHA, patient rights, fraud/abuse laws.
- Supervises the facility reception employees, including interviewing, hiring, disciplining and terminating employees performing this function.
- Complies with facility Privacy Practices and protects all residents’ individual health information.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in an administrative supervisory capacity preferably within a health care or skilled nursing facility.
- Is proficient in composition of verbal and written communication.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents, staff, based on whatever maturity level at which they are currently functioning.
- Is proficient with computer software programs (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Pay force, etc.).
- Athena employs only highly motivated and well-qualified individuals to deliver our standard for quality care. Our employees make customer service their first priority and uphold the highest level of professional values and ethical standards.
Minimum of an Associate degree with a concentration in Human Resources or 5 years experience in an administrative supervisory capacity.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Location: 398 Bellevue Avenue, Newport, RI 02840
Job Type: Full-time
Interested parties may apply here