Castle Hill Inn is looking for a Telephone (PBX) Operator to join our Front of House team.
Nestled on 40 secluded acres overlooking the southwestern corner of Narragansett Bay, Castle Hill Inn - a member of the prestigious Relais & Chateaux association - is a coastal haven where guests come to relax and rejuvenate against a spectacular New England backdrop. The property features 33 guest rooms in the Inn's historic mansion or perched on the sand dunes of our private beach, a catering venue, and two destination restaurants. Castle Hill Inn is proud to be part of the Newport Restaurant Group, a 100% employee-owned company.
About the Position:
In the Telephone (PBX) Operator role, you will be responsible for answering all Castle Hill Inn incoming telephone calls. Often, this individual will be the first impression of Castle Hill Inn and therefore, must possess superior interpersonal skills and be well experienced in customer service. Must have the ability to work (4) 10 hour days - 10AM-8PM is ideal.
: You are passionate, energetic and to whom pleasing and impressing guests comes naturally. You are an aspiring hospitality professional who is ambitious, eager to learn and understands the value of working in a team-based environment.
- Answer incoming calls at Castle Hill Inn
- Provides exceptional customer service as well as anticipatory service
- Efficiently connects caller to appropriate extension
- Assists with reporting telephone, equipment or service complaints/problems/requests and escalates as needed
- Knowledgeable of hotel and restaurant offerings and articulates to callers
- Places outgoing calls as needed
- Completes other tasks as needed
Skills & Abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training
- Must speak English
- Must show proof of eligibility to work in the United States. We are not able to sponsor visas for this role.
- Must have flexible schedule to work during days, nights, weekends, and some holidays as needed
Compensation and Benefits
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional and organized
- Be collaborative, using a team approach to creating an equitable workplace environment and have respectful working relationships
About Newport Restaurant Group:
- Competitive compensation - $15 / hour
- Sick and Vacation paid time off
- Excellent health, dental and vision benefits with a flex spending account option
- Ability Assist (EAP)
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
- Great 401k match
- 35% discount when dining in our locations
- Perk Spot Options
- Discounted BJ's membership
- Holiday Appreciation Bonus
We are proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for an 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you decide to join our team, you'll not just be an employee - you'll be eligible to become an owner in the company. Really, there's no catch, we invest in our employees, and they in turn invest their time, energy and talents in our businesses! We have one of the strongest, friendliest hospitality staffs in New England. Our common goal is to make people happy through great food, great locations and great teamwork. If you feel the same, we want to hear from you.
Interested parties may apply here.