Gurney's Newport offers 257 guestrooms and more event space than any other property in Newport. Gurney’s Newport Resort & Marina is a popular destination for all sorts of stylish business and social gatherings, as well as truly memorable weddings. Our expansive grounds offer 360-degree water views, providing an ideal setting for our fine restaurant overlooking Newport Harbor, lounge with wraparound deck, full-service spa, and outdoor saltwater pool.
The Host/Hostess is responsible to provide an excellent and consistent level of service to customers. The Host/Hostess is responsible to assist with receiving guests in the hotel's restaurants, manage the inventory of the outlet, and assist the service staff whenever necessary.
- Greet and interact with guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Seat all guests in a timely and courteous fashion. Clear extra settings if not needed. Present menu to each guest.
- Answer telephone and take reservations using professional language.
- Volunteer Resort information to guests. Must be knowledgeable about other restaurants, shops and locations on property and about current/upcoming events.
- Keep work area/podium clean and organized. Menus should be wiped down at the end of each shift and replaced if wrinkled or soiled.
- Communicate with kitchen and staff to ensure steady flow of dining guests.
- Maintain waiting list of guests. It is the greeter’s responsibility to know what tables are available, who is covering each section and how to seat guests alternately in each section.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent hearing in order to answer telephone and take reservations.
- Must have excellent vision to be able to seat guests.
- Must have excellent speech communication skills to be able to answer telephone, greet guests, take reservations and solve problems.
- Must have excellent literacy to be able to take reservations.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situation.
- Must be effective at listening and understanding