Front Desk Supervisor
Full Job Description
The Front Desk Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the operation of the Front Desk and Night Audit in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service prior to and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Hammetts standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes proper dress and correct nametag when working.
- Always comply with Hammetts standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Must, always, be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers, and other team members.
- Schedule guest service agents and night audit as applicable.
- Assist the AGM with reviews, training and development of staff to achieve hotel service quality standards.
- Oversee and participate in guest registration and check out procedures.
- Motivate staff and establish a productive working environment for hotel.
- Achieve budgeted revenues and expenses and maximize profitability related to the rooms department.
- Assist management with the implementation and execution of programs to ensure that the hotels room occupancy and Average Daily Rate objectives are met.
- Analyze and generate reports and communicate information to team members and appropriate departments.
- Have full knowledgeable of hotel property, amenities, area attractions and transportation options.
- Maintain correct procedures for hotel accounting, credit control and handling of financial transactions.
- Maintain procedures for security of monies, guest security.
- In depth knowledge of all emergency procedures.
- Strive to increase the level of guest satisfaction by sharing all guest service data provided. Set goals with the AGM & GM for improvement of low scoring items.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Conduct training classes regarding safety, security, department procedures and service guidelines.
- Fulfill Manager on Duty shifts.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all team members according to Hammetts standards.
- Develop team member morale and ensure all team members are fully trained.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze variances, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count.
- Review Guest Service staffs time punches and submit to accounting in a timely basis.
- Prepare team member schedules according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
- Perform all jobs within the Front Desk, Reservations and Night Audit, when needed.
- Work closely with accounting on follow-up items, i.e. returned checks, rejected credit cards, team member discrepancies, etc.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain constant and effective communication with Housekeeping, Reservations, Sales and Accounting
- Operate cell phones and radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensure proper use of radio/phone etiquette within the department.
- Maintain lobby and front desk presence.
- Maintain safety deposit boxes per hotel standards.
- Manage sell out opportunities, review arrivals report, and check on rooms inventory.
- Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front Desk.
- Attend mandatory safety and other training meetings as required.
- Performed any and all other duties as assigned.
- Conduct shift huddle daily with staff to pass on pertinent information.
- Communicate with Engineering to ensure all guest rooms are in working order.
- Lead Front Desk Agent
- Front Desk Agent
- Night Audit
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and some customer service experience preferred.
- Previous Supervisory experience in a hotel environment preferred.
- Proven financial knowledge and solid computer skills required.
- Long hours sometimes required, including nights and weekends. Overnights based on needs.
- Light work-Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 20 pounds of force frequently
or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand for long hours at a time, sometimes for entire shift.
- As MOD, ability to move quickly to various departments on property.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of a particular need.
- Must be able to prioritize departmental functions to meet due dates and deadlines.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic function.
- Strong Computer skills and financial knowledge required.
- Working knowledge of computer systems to include Outlook, Microsoft products and other industry related systems.