Front Desk AgentFull Job Description
Join The Wayfinder Team and be part of the next wave of Newport hospitality!
Front Desk Agent
As a Wayfinder Front Desk Agent, you would be responsible for greeting, registering, and checking guests out of the hotel in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
· Greets all guests in a pleasant and professional manner
· Completes the guest registration and check-out procedures
· Answers telephone, transfers calls, and takes messages when applicable
· Makes hotel reservations for guests, including changes and cancellations
· Follows proper credit card procedures
· Maintains accurate bank during shift and uses correct vouchers for specified transactions
· Utilizes up-sell techniques to push our varying guest room products
· Responds to all guest needs and requests in a timely fashion
· Follow-up to ensure guest requests have been responded to appropriately and to guest satisfaction
· Understands hotel service and programs
· Knowledgeable of geographical area and points of interest
· Files appropriate paperwork as directed
· Understands hotel emergency procedures and evacuation protocols
· Collects payment for all guests at check-in and check-out. Makes changes as necessary
· Keeps Front Office and Lobby area near, clean, vacuumed, and dusted daily
· Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager
· Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional
· Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets
· Speak with others using clear and professional language
· Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and fellow management team members.
· Perform all reasonable job duties as requested.
· High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a Hotel or a related field preferred
· Significant attention to detail.
· Ability to operate front desk equipment: computer, switchboard, credit card machines, etc.
· Understanding of basic math skills
· Good verbal and guest interaction skills
· Collect money and issue change where applicable
· Ability to work as a cohesive team member - relaying information appropriately from shift to shift
· Must be able to stand for several hours at a time
· May be required to lift items up to 25 lbs.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- One location
Interested parties may apply here