Licensed Practical Nurse - Hospice & PC + Home Care - Per Diem
We are an independent, not-for-profit visiting nurse agency in RI and we’re growing! We’re looking to add more positive, energetic and experienced professionals to our team! We are searching for compassionate, reliable and professional Per Diem Hospice & Palliative Care and Homecare Licensed Practical Nurse's to be based out of either our Portsmouth, North Kingstown, or Providence, RI office!
Benefits of Working with Us:
• Advancement, training, and growth opportunities
• Work/Life Balance
• Flexible scheduling
• Generous per visit rates
• Staff appreciation events & rewards
• Patient-centered care
• Community resources
• & More!
The Ideal Candidate:
• Meets our qualifications
• Provides professional, compassionate, skilled nursing care as prescribed by the Physician to our patients and their families in accordance with the policies and procedures of Visiting Nurse Home & Hospice.
• Provides care in a manner that promotes quality, continuity, comfort, compassion, and safety for the patient and their family and/or caretaker.
• Makes assessments of the patient/family needs and carries out care in accordance with National Association of Hospice and Palliative Care Standards, the interdisciplinary plan of care and agency policy.
• Reports to and is directed by a Hospice & Palliative Nurse Supervisor and/or Clinical Nurse Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
• Graduate of a school of nursing accredited by NLN:
• Either from a Baccalaureate or Master's degree program in Nursing, or; from a state approved diploma or Associate's degree program in Nursing
• Minimum 1 year of experience in community health nursing and/or one year of recent acute care medical/surgical nursing experience.
• Completion of Hospice Staff Training in lieu of hospice experience where applicable.
• Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Rhode Island.
• Massachusetts Nursing License to be obtained within one year of employment if not held at time of hire.
• Current certification in CPR.
• Per Diem / Non-Exempt
• Must be available to work at least 2 weekend days per month, at least 50 hours in a 3-month timeframe, 1 major holiday per year (either Christmas Day or Thanksgiving Day on a rotating pull list if needed, although not often needed), and required to work a minimum of 3 minor holidays per year
• Hiring for any of our 3 office locations:
• North Kingstown, RI Office
• Providence, RI Office
• Portsmouth, RI Office
Visiting Nurse Home & Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Visiting Nurse Home & Hospice to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, marital status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, veteran status, any other non-merit-based factors, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.