ICD-10 CODER & OASIS REVIEW SPECIALIST
We are seeking an ICD-10 Coder & OASIS Review Specialist who would be responsible for performing OASIS review and coding duties. This person will report to the Director of Reimbursement. They will provide excellent service levels deserved by all VNHH patients and customers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2 Years utilization review experience preferred.
- 5 years coding experience & terminology
- Homecare coding OASIS specialist/certification
- ICD-10 coding education/experience/certification
- Registered Health Information Management
- Understanding of agency philosophy and expectations.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent computer, software and typing skills.
- Skilled in dealing with a high volume of competing tasks in fast-paced environment. Strong focus on problem-solving initiatives and quick resolution.
- Must comprehend basics of medicine such as anatomy, physiology, diseases and diagnosis.
- Ability to use VNHH technologies.
- Ability to work as a team member and to function independently. Work with higher level and lateral level supervisors professionally and also communicate well with outside entities and clinical staff.
- Self-starter, goal directed with ability to work independently and stay focused without on-site supervision.
- Must comprehend basics of home health and hospice business operations, insurance claims processes, basic office procedures and the use and application of medical billing software.
1. Abstracts clinical information from OASIS reviews as well as a variety of medical records, charts and documents.
2. Assigns appropriate ICD-10 codes.
3. Codes to patient records according to VNHH’s established procedures.
4. Assists team with coding on diagnostic cases as needed.
5. Works with coding databases and confirms VNHH assignments.
6. Work is completed and documented accurately and timely with high quality.
7. Conducts peer audits as needed/assigned.
8. Regularly provides feedback for processes and performance improvement.
9. Communicates effectively with agency staff, management and other members of team.
10. Participates in mandatory in-services and educational programs required for VNH&H staff.
Full Time – 40 Hours/Week
Work will be done on-site at the Portsmouth, RI Office.
You may also apply by sending an email with your resume, and the position you are interested in to Kayla Joynes, HR Assistant at: email@example.com.
It is the policy of Visiting Nurse Home & Hospice to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Our office is located at: 1184 East Main Road, Portsmouth, RI 02871.