Hospice Social Worker MSW • Portsmouth • Full-Time • Great Benefits!
We are an independent, not-for-profit visiting nurse agency in RI and we’re growing! We’re looking to add more positive, hard working, reliable, and experienced professionals to our team! We are searching for a Full-Time Hospice Social Worker MSW based out of our Portsmouth, RI home office.
The Hospice Social Worker is responsible for the initial and continuing assessment of patient/family psychosocial needs, and implementation of interventions in accordance with the interdisciplinary team plan of care to assist the patient/family in dealing with the psychosocial aspects of terminal illness. Works under the supervision of the Social Work Manager and the Hospice Nursing Supervisors.
Benefits of Working With Us:
- Advancement, training, and growth opportunities
- Work/Life Balance
- Flexible scheduling
- Shift differentials
- Generous & Competitive PTO Package to start
- Generous health insurance options
- Health Insurance Alternative Yearly Bonus in lieu of offered health insurance plans (with proof of other coverage)
- Vision Plan
- 401K with matching
- Agency paid life insurance, AD&D, and short & long term disability plans
- Mileage reimbursement
- Staff appreciation events & rewards
- Patient-centered care
- Community resources
- & More!
- Full-Time / 40 Hours Per Week / Hourly / Non-Exempt
- Monday-Friday Schedule
- Hours: 8:30am-5pm
- Work based from the Portsmouth, RI Office
- Currently servicing hospice & palliative patients in the EAST service area territory including: Jamestown, Newport, Middletown, Portsmouth, Tiverton, Little Compton, Bristol, Warren, Barrington, and Riverside, RI
- Also, currently servicing some palliative care patients in southeastern MA including: Swansea, Somerset, Fall River, Adamsville & Westport, MA
The Ideal Candidate:
- Knowledge of and ability to apply social work principles and practices while exercising independent professional judgment within the realm of a hospice social worker.
- Experience with hospice & palliative care.
- Ability to contribute to the understanding and assessment of psychosocial factors in patient/family care.
- Knowledge of community resources and ability to access them as needed by the patient/family.
- Ability to counsel the patient/family and provide emotional support in preparing them for the approaching death of the patient.
- Ability to assess the coping skills of the patient/family as they effect the patient/family's ability to participate in the interdisciplinary care plan.
- Ability to participate effectively with other members of the team in developing the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Ability to support and assist coworkers in dealing with multiple losses and difficult patient/family situations.
Education and Experience:
- Masters level graduate of a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Currently licensed as a Clinical Social Worker in the states of Rhode Island and Massachusetts. If not licensed in Massachusetts at time of hire, employee has until their 1 year anniversary to obtain reciprocal Massachusetts licensing.
- Minimum one year experience in medical social work preferably in a home care setting working with hospice & palliative care patients.
- Hospice training or experience
How to Apply:
- Visit the "Jobs" section on our website: www.visitingnursehh.org
- Send your resume to: email@example.com
- Drop off your resume to our office located at: 1184 East Main Rd. Portsmouth, RI 02861
- Send your resume with the position you're interested in to our HR FAX: 401-682-7562
Visiting Nurse Home & Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Visiting Nurse Home & Hospice to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, marital status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, veteran status, any other non-merit based factors, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.