Home Health or Hospice & Palliative Care RN Per Diem
We are an independent, not-for-profit visiting nurse agency in RI and we’re growing! We’re looking to add more positive, energetic and experienced professionals to our team! We are searching for compassionate, reliable and professional Per Diem Hospice & Palliative Care and Home Health RN's to be based out of either our Portsmouth, North Kingstown, or Providence, RI office!
Benefits of Working With Us:
- Advancement, training, and growth opportunities
- Work/Life Balance
- Flexible scheduling
- Staff appreciation events & rewards
- Patient-centered care
- Community resources
- & More!
The Ideal Candidate:
- Would meet our qualifications, as well as provide professional, compassionate, skilled nursing care to our patients and their families in accordance with the policies and procedures of Visiting Nurse Home & Hospice.
- Provides care in a manner that promotes quality, comfort, compassion, and safety for the patient and their family and/or caretaker.
- For hospice; makes initial and ongoing assessments of the patient/family needs and carries out interventions in accordance with National Association of Hospice and Palliative Care Standards, the interdisciplinary plan of care and agency policy.
- Supports and instructs the patient/family in Hospice philosophy and/or palliative care of the patient.
Documents problems, appropriate goals, interventions, and patient/family response to Hospice or palliative care and modifies plan of care appropriately.
Coordinates all patient/family services provided by Hospice, including pharmaceuticals, DME and supplies.
Serves as consultant and resource to other Agency staff regarding the Hospice philosophy and palliative care as well as symptom and pain management for the terminally ill.
Works closely with other Hospice or palliative care team members.
- Reports to and is directed by either a Clinical Nursing Supervisor and/or Hospice & Palliative Nurse Supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from a school of nursing accredited by NLN: Either from a Baccalaureate or Master’s degree program in Nursing, or State approved diploma or Associate's degree program in Nursing
- Minimum of 1 year of hospice or home care experience in nursing required
- Active RI Nursing License in good standing required at time of hire. If MA Nursing License is not acquired at hire date, will be given 1 year from hire date to acquire
- Current certification in CPR
- Interest in keeping abreast of trends and developments in nursing field
- Per Diem / Per Visit Pay / Non-Exempt
- Must be available to work at least 2 weekend days per month, at least 50 hours in a 3-month timeframe, 1 major holiday per year (either Christmas Day or Thanksgiving Day on a rotating pull list if needed, although not often needed), and required to work a minimum of 3 minor holidays per year
- Hiring for any of the following home office territories in RI:
- Portsmouth, RI
- Providence, RI
- North Kingstown, RI
- Currently servicing primarily home care & hospice & palliative patients in the EAST service area territory including the following areas of RI: Jamestown, Prudence Island, Newport, Middletown, Portsmouth, Tiverton, Little Compton, Bristol, Warren, Barrington, and Riverside, RI. May occasionally see patients in other parts of RI currently including: East Providence, Pawtucket, North Providence, Providence, Johnson, Cranston, West Warwick, Warwick, Coventry (not including Greene), East Greenwich, North Kingstown, and Saunderstown, RI
- Also, currently servicing some home care and hospice & palliative care patients in southeastern MA including: Swansea, Somerset, Fall River, Adamsville, & Westport, MA. May occasionally see patients in other parts of southeastern MA currently including Seekonk and Rehoboth, MA
HOW TO APPLY:
- Email a resume to HR at: JOBS@visitingnursehh.org
- Send a resume to our HR fax: 401-682-7562
- Mail or drop off a resume to:
- ATTN: Kayla, HR, 1184 East Main Rd, Portsmouth, RI 02871
Visiting Nurse Home & Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Visiting Nurse Home & Hospice to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, marital status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, veteran status, any other non-merit based factors, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.