Direct Support Professional (DSP)
This field of work is immensely rewarding. NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED -- We provide all of the training and certificates to assist you in your growth as a valued employee.
The James L. Maher Center is a non-profit organization that provides supports and services for individuals with developmental or other disabilities. We are seeking multiple Direct Support Professionals for our Residential Programs and Community Based Support Program!
Hours vary and one shift per weekend is required in our residential programs. We are offer a shift differential on selective shifts!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide direct support to individuals with developmental disabilities fostering independence through active participation
- Provide services to persons with developmental disabilities within the context of an environment that is free from any type of abuse, neglect, mistreatment or any other human rights violation
- Must work closely with the Residential Nurse to support clients with medication administration and other related duties - where applicable - while fostering an atmosphere and environment of healthy physical-living
- Ability to lift, bend and transfer - if/when necessary - when supporting clients
- Provide personal care/hygiene support when necessary
- Possible use of own vehicle, providing transportation for activities and appointments
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- Flexibility & Dependability
- Ability to work in a team oriented setting
- Good oral and written communication skills and competencies
- Must be 18 years of age
- Applicant must pass a National Criminal Background check.
- Clear OIG
- Valid Driver's License
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Requires ability to lift, bend and transfer – if/when necessary – when supporting clients
In addition to a culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion, we offer a competitive benefit package for Full-Time employees.
Please submit resume to: email@example.com