Dietitian - Per Diem, Providence Area
Responsible for planning and implementing the nutritional program within the agency, providing direct service to clients at home, and providing nutrition consultation to the health care team. Provides in-service education programs to the professional and paraprofessional staff. The Registered Dietitian is responsible to the Director of Rehabilitation & Intake Operations.
- Provides dietary services on an intermittent basis as appropriate to the client’s condition and needs.
- Assesses the nutritional needs of clients as requested by staff.
- Teaches clients, families and staff regarding special dietary regimens and nutritional requirements.
- Documents client teaching in the clinical record.
- Attends interdisciplinary case conferences as appropriate.
- Provides annual in-service education programs to the professional and paraprofessional staff.
- Evaluates all dietary teaching materials available for use by the staff.
- Keeps current copies of therapeutic diets available to staff.
- Provides nutrition consultation to individuals/groups at the Adult Health Clinics or other programs as requested by the Clinical Managers or Education Coordinator.
- Quality Improvement: Complies with all quality improvement practices and procedures. Encourages and participates in quality improvement activities within the program and throughout the agency as appropriate. Advises appropriate personnel of quality problems or makes recommendations for improvement.
- Decision Making: Makes decisions reflecting knowledge of facts. Evaluates potential risk. Utilizes sound judgment in problem solving. Informs supervisor of difficult problems. Utilizes reference materials to respond to unfamiliar situations.
- Knowledge of therapeutic diets.
- Ability to adapt dietary regimens to individual clients in their homes.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Keeps current on the latest changes in therapeutic diets.
- Knowledge of management of illness through therapeutic diets.
- BS degree in nutrition and/or dietetics from a program approved by the American Dietetic Association.
- Completion of an internship or program leading to registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- A minimum of two years clinical experience in nutrition and dietetics.
- Currently licensed as a Dietitian/Nutritionist in the State of Rhode Island.
Per Diem, Non-Exempt, Hourly
If you're interested in applying for this position or any other positions we have available, please forward a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com .
PHYSICAL EFFORTS AND SKILLS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The job description and specifications are not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive listing of all responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the job. They are intended to be an accurate reflection of the principle requirements of the position.
Visiting Nurse Home & Hospice is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Visiting Nurse Home & Hospice to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.