Work for One of the World’s Best Hospitals!
For Three Consecutive Years, Newsweek named Southcoast Health among the World’s Best Hospitals (Charlton Memorial, St. Luke’s, and Tobey). In addition, since 2018, Southcoast Health has been voted by readers as South Coast Media Group’s Best Place to Work. Why? Because we have some of the most talented people in the world!
We are searching for a Community Health Worker- Behavioral Health to work as a member of the primary care team, to identify and be responsive to SDOH and BH needs for all patients in a given practice(s). Provides education, identifies needs, barriers and secures an actionable plan, while promoting patient autonomy and empowerment. Implementation of Collaborative care model, as per Ambulatory/Psychiatry leadership.
Hours: 40 Hours
Shift: Day Shift: Monday- Friday
Location: Primary Care - Portsmouth, RI
Education And/or Experience Requirements
Must be fully vaccinated against seasonal Influenza and COVID 19 and provide required vaccination documentation, unless approved for an exemption or deferral by Southcoast prior to starting employment.
Southcoast Health is a community healthcare system with multiple access points, offering an integrated continuum of health services throughout Southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island. By uniting a single purpose and building an integrated system of services and resources, we have become one of the largest and fastest-growing health systems in Massachusetts.
Together We Are More.
- Equal to completion of 4 years of high school plus the completion of additional courses/training in community health work is required.
- Culturally competent with solid knowledge of the communities being served.
- Demonstrated ability to perform as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must have basic competency with documentation and computer skills.
- Community Health Worker and/or Recovery Coach certification preferred, as is experience with EMR in medical settings, and Bilingual skills.
- Community Health Worker and/or Recovery Coach certificate preferred.
We are committed to providing our employees in Massachusetts and Rhode Island with optimal benefits that promote a healthy work/life balance and add value to our employees’ lives.
- With more than 7,500 employees, Southcoast Health is the largest employer in Southeastern Mass., and the 18th largest employer in the Commonwealth, according to the Boston Business Journal.
- We strive for a culture of health and well-being that recognizes, respects, and celebrates the rich diversity of one another and the communities we serve.
Are you ready to make a difference in your community? Join us to be More than medicine!
Southcoast Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Generous Earned Time Off Package**
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance*
- Tuition Assistance**
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance*
- Life & AD&D insurance*
- Flexible Spending Accounts*
- 403B Retirement Plan with match
- HealthQuest Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Career Development Opportunities
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council
- Available to regular status employees who are scheduled to work a minimum of 24 hours.
- Available to regular status employees who are scheduled to work a minimum of 20 hours.
Interested parties may apply here.