The James L. Maher Center is a non-profit organization that provides supports and services for individuals with developmental or other disabilities.
We are seeking a compassionate Direct Support Supervisor with a current Rhode Island CNA certification to join our growing team assisting adults in our Residential Group Home program located throughout Rhode Island.
We provide all of the training and certificates to assist you in your growth as a valued employee.
Openings in Middletown, Newport, Bristol, Warren, and Barrington, RI.
- Assists direct support professionals in problem solving and in helping to identify resources available to build decision-making skills with a solution oriented approach.
- Providing physical support for patients or residents with daily activities and personal hygiene, including bathing, dressing, getting out of bed, - using the toilet, walking, standing or exercising.
- Turning and repositioning bedridden patients.
- Ensure patients or residents receive appropriate diet by reviewing their dietary restrictions, food allergies, and preferences.
- Review pertinent documentation, such as sign-in sheets, log books and telephone messages; provide appropriate feedback to the Manager.
- Residential Supervisors may complete interagency forms and attend medical appointments.
- Provide training to new staff and documents accordingly; inform the Manager of progress and/or additional training needs.
- Participate in the implementation, oversight and maintenance of all accountably and documentation systems.
- Work with management team regarding training and ongoing development of leadership skills.
- Relay information from the Manager to the direct support professional. Inform the Manager and Support Coordinator of any feedback from staff to maximize communication to effectively and efficiently address any issues that may arise.
- All other responsibilities judged to be responsible and fundamental for the necessary support of an individual with a developmental disability under their care by the Manager, Director of Residential Services, Director of Program Operations or the Executive Director and/ or their designee as the situation applies.
Acceptable Training and Experience:
- Must possess organizational skills, be responsible, have the ability to effectively problem solve in a timely manner and be balance multiple needs of the individuals, staff and home
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must hold current CNA certification in the state of practice (RI)
- Flexibility and dependability are essential characteristics.
- Able to work effectively with supervisor to ensure team integrity by being a positive role model while providing supports to persons with developmental disabilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Certified in Safety Skills
- CPR Certification Required- agency will provide training
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required (where applicable)
- A favorable Criminal Background check, and OGI clearance
- High School Diploma or GED required.
· Must be 18 years of age
· Valid Drivers' license
Valid RI CNA License
· Clear BCI
· Clear OIG
· HS diploma or GED
· Requires the ability to lift, bend and transfer - when/if necessary - when supporting clients
Salary & Benefits:
In addition to a culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion, we offer a competitive benefit package for Full-Time employees.
We are an Affirmative Action/EEOC employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $19.00 - $21.00 per hour
Applications, resumes, and cover letters can be sent to humanresources @mahercenter.org
For inquiries please call (401) 846-4600 x.3151