Behavioral Health Team Leader - IHH
$2,000 Sign in bonus, $1,000 paid at 90 days of employment and $1,000 at 6 months of employment.
Newport Mental Health is a progressive high-energy organization that uses state of the art approaches to help individuals recover from mental illness and substance abuse disorders. Newport Mental Health offers an excellent opportunity for professionals in the mental health field to gain knowledge and experience and to learn/strengthen therapeutic skills in a multidisciplinary setting by helping people to overcome their disabilities and meet their life goals.
We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated Team Leader for our IHH Team. This position is responsible for managing a multi-disciplinary team that includes case managers, specialists, nurses and clinicians.
- Provide clinical and administrative leadership to the multi-disciplinary team to ensure highly effective services are provided
- Organize the daily work of the Team including the leadership of regularly scheduled planning meetings and the coordination of communication with other agency departments and the community at-large
- Ensure quality of care through direct supervision of team staff, with emphasis on evaluating professional development and providing opportunities and support for career growth
- Review, interpret and respond to administrative, clinical, and statistical reports; demonstrate understanding and monitor compliance of department performance with standards of clinical record documentation
- Provide direct clinical services as needed, including: utilize motivational approaches to engage clients into services, perform mental status exams and develop risk management plans, utilizing crisis intervention, verbal de-escalation and counseling techniques
- Serve as a client advocate, making appropriate and timely referrals to other agencies
- Provide consultation and follow-up communication with community agencies, medical facilities, law enforcement agencies, and inpatient units
- LICSW with a minimum of 2 years’ supervisory experience
- At least two year of program management or supervisory experience in a mental health setting or equivalent
- Ability to multi-task and thrive within a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to professionally communicate verbally and in writing with a variety of individuals
- A solid understanding of program management best practices and the ability to work effectively to meet deadlines and goals
- A track record in setting priorities, shaping processes and developing infrastructure to ensure team productivity and efficiency
- Demonstrated understanding and respect for the cultural and religious beliefs of clients and families
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation to travel to our facilities throughout the area.
More About Us
Founded in 1964, Newport Mental Health provides trauma informed evidence-based services to children, adolescents, families, and adults who are experiencing problems with mental illness, substance abuse or stress in their lives that would benefit from counseling and other behavioral health services and supports. Our person-centered recovery approach to care offers individuals a chance to achieve a better quality of life and recovery from emotional illness.