Full Job Description
ACTIVITIES ASSISTANT NEEDED!
$500 SIGN ON BONUS
Village House Nursing and Rehabilitation, a 95-bed Skilled Nursing and Rehab Center located in the historic fifth ward of Newport, is looking for the following:
Activities Aide: Full Time including every other weekend on both our Special Care Unit caring for residents with dementia as well as our long term and short term rehab floor. Hours can be flexible but generally are 8a-4p.
- Assists in planning and promoting activities based on the needs and interests of the residents;
- Encourages social communication through group activities;
- Provides programs in all activity component areas on an individual and group basis;
- Assists residents with participation in religious programs;
- Assists residents with leisure activities;
- Provides input into the design of monthly activity services;
- Documents resident attendance and participation level at activity programs;
- Attends appropriate in-service training programs;
- Assists in the maintenance, storage, and use of the activities department supplies;
- Performs other responsibilities as directed by the Activity Director;
- Assists in transporting residents to and from activity programs;
- Puts Customer Service First: Ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere that recognizes the individuals' needs and rights.
ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE STOP BY AND FILL OUT AN APPLICATION 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (Monday through Friday) OR call Alicia Hicks, Activity Director at 401-849-5222. EOE
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Newport, RI 02840: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you willing to get a Criminal Background Investigation?
Work Location: One location