Director of Dining ServicesFull Job Description
We are hiring for Director of Dining Services to join our team!
Where you work is as important as the work you do! When it comes to our employees, we believe no one does it better than Athena. Not only do we continually strive to be the best in the care and services we provide to our patients and their families, but we also aim to be the employer of choice.
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Career growth opportunities
Athena Health Care Systems, based in Connecticut, has been a leader in providing quality health care services since 1984. With nursing homes throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena has been recognized as one of the largest and most respected operators of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. By enhancing the quality of life and quality of our environments, we have made our managed facilities a better place for our residents to live and a better place for employees to work.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must be knowledgeable of dining service practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations and guidelines governing dining services functions in the long-term care facility, including JCAHO.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc., of the Dining Services Department.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of dining service areas, must perform regular inspections of dining services area for sanitation order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing dining services practices.
- Must be able to read and interpret dining services cost reports, financial data, etc.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
A minimum of two (2) years experience in a supervisor capacity in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility or other related medical field is preferred. Must have training in cost control, food management, diet therapy, etc.
Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma. Must have completed an accredited course in dietetic training approved by the American Dietetic Association and state agencies.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations; our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved exemption from Athena, except where prohibited by state law.
Location: 398 Bellevue Avenue, Newport, RI 02840
Job Type: Full-time
Interested parties may apply here.