About the jobthe summary.
Join our team as a full-time bartender and become the ultimate journey curator for the guest experience. The ideal candidate will be well versed in mixing spirits, have in-depth wine knowledge, create authentic relationships with guests & staff, be a team player, and be responsible for the bar's daily operations.
The Chanler, reimagined as a magnificent, stately manor residence, extends a warm welcome to guests as a peaceful enclave from bustling Newport, Rhode Island, inviting guests to relish in the building's storied architecture, chic-European dining options, and gracious hospitality.
Built in 1873 as a summer home for John Winthrop Chanler, the property exudes history while maintaining the current charm of a regal residence. As a double Forbes five-star property, the mansion draws admirers worldwide by authentically cultivating the guest experience with elegance and natural refinement.
To make an impact on a guest's journey by creating memories that last a lifetime. Mansion household staff are the key journey curators, responsible for creating a sense of place and personalization for each guest. We achieve this by working in a collaborative environment, providing training while encouraging an unscripted narrative to tell the brand story, and by sharing a passion for the heart of hospitality.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, dental, and vision for employees, families, and partners
- Free Parking
- Uniforms Included
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Referral Bonus
- Seasonal Staff Meals
Including but not limited to:
Interested parties may apply here.
- Greet and welcome guests using The Chanler luxury service standard
- Pour drinks using standard pour specifications
- Describe all menu items, methods of preparation, and allergy alerts in dishes
- Excellent wine and spirits knowledge
- Upsells food and beverage items in a tactful manner with established service standards
- Performs pre-and post-shift side work, stock service station, sets table properly, etc
- May assist as host or back waiter as needed
- Alcohol serving certification
- Follows company policies and procedures
- Maintains a professional appearance, adhering to the dress code
- Follows management/supervisor direction for other duties assigned
- Full list of responsibilities upon request