Bakery Seeks Front and Back of House Help
The Village Hearth Bakery and Cafe located in Jamestown, RI is looking for 2-3 team members who can do a variety of tasks in their kitchen, including prep work, sandwich making, and cooking in the kitchen.
Back of the house responsibilities include:
- Food prep across multiple stations
- Serving completed dishes to front of the house
- Labeling all perishable items with names and dates
- Refilling and restocking food items
- Maintaining time and temperature logs
- Organizing and maintaining clean workstations
- Washing dishes in the kitchen
- Alerting Chef of low inventory and out of stock items
- Culinary experience is not required, but is preferred. All training will be provided regardless of skill level.
- Desire to learn and execute basic chopping and cooking techniques
- Ability to prioritize and pivot across multiple tasks
- Punctual and reliable – tardiness and missed shifts are not tolerated
- Willingness to follow instructions and embrace feedback
- Ability to lift 50lb bags of flour and stand on your feet for hours at a time
- Availability to work during prior to and during Bakery & Café hours
Beginning in early March, the Bakery & Café will be open from 7am to 3pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday with the day starting at 6:30am ending around 3:30pm. We are also open Sunday 4 – 7pm for pizza night.
Team members in this role will be needed to cover not only the days and times we are open but to assist with prep work on Thursdays. We can be flexible with each employee’s hours to cover these days – including those who only want to work pizza nights.
Interested parties please email Stephanie Haigh with resume and availability