Title: Visitor Services Security
Classification: Full-time, hourly (non-exempt)-Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-4:00PM
Reports to: Director of Facilities
Job Summary: The Newport Restoration foundation is seeking to fill the role of Visitor Services Security at Rough Point Museum, 680 Bellevue Avenue, Newport, RI. This position is responsible for being the first point of contact for all individuals entering the property and must be able to communicate clearly and effectively while ensuring the safety and security of the property.
Salary Range: $18.00-$20.00 per hour ($37,440.00-$41,600.00 annually) (commensurate with experience),
100% employer paid medical, dental ,vision and life, insurance, health savings account, 401(k) contribution (not a match), 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 12 holidays.
- Liaison between Director of Facilities and shift supervisor for contracted security firm
- Relay all pertinent ongoing daily activities to security company relief, prior to relief
- Alert appropriate staff within the main house regarding visitors
- Maintain daily log, standard operating procedures, and guidelines with all visitors and contractors
- Control the flow of pedestrian and vehicular traffic; assign parking, and provide courteous assistance to ALL visitors
- React/record when safe to do so, unusual or criminal activities or policy infractions that may be a threat to the property, yourself or staff
- Working knowledge of all relevant equipment: fire extinguishers, telephone system, walkie-talkie etc.
- Inspect fire extinguishers and document on a monthly basis, in accordance with local SOP and NFPA Codes (will train if necessary)
- Occasionally work extended shifts due to facility functions, normally with prior notice
- Must wear company provided daily uniform attire at all times
- Perform other work related duties as directed by Director of Facilities
- High school diploma or GED
- A full command of the English language
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in handling of security/emergent situations.
- Perform his/her duties in a professional friendly manner, while making sound judgement decisions following the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Experience in documenting security procedures and observations.
- The ability to climb stairs and lift weights up to fifty pounds.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Interested candidates should submit a résumé by December 1st to email@example.com. EOE.