Middletown Police Department - Patrol Officer
Who we want:
Dedicated, hard-working professionals, who want to make a difference to serve and protect the great community of Middletown.
RI Post certified officers are strongly encouraged to apply for lateral entry positions.
Women and Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
What we offer:
- Patrol Shifts
- Harbor Master
- Motorcycle Unit
- Beach Patrols
- Special Detail Assignments
- Planning & Training
- Community Policing Officer
- School Resource Officers
- Canine Unit
- Accident Reconstruction
- BCI Unit
- 12 hour Patrol Shift provides for a 3 day weekend every other weekend.
- Step 1 Patrol Salary - $56,892.97
- Top Step Patrol Salary - $74,080.17
- Vacation - 188-251 hours annual
- Sick time - 224 hours annual
- Education Stipend and Tuition Reimbursement up to Master's Degree for continuing education
- Longevity - 4%,7%,10% annual depending on years service
- 11 paid holidays
- Application Period - 12/15/19 to 2/15/20
- Informational Open Houses - 1/22/20 @ 6:00 p.m. & 2/1/20 noon to 2:00 p.m.
- Mandatory Orientation for Applicants - 2/26/20 @ 6:00 p.m.
- Physical Agility Test - 2/29/20 @ 7:00 p.m.
- Water Rescue/Swim Test - 3/1/20 @ 10:00 a.m.
- Written Test - 3/1/20 @ 3:00 p.m.