Mortgage Loan Officer II
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
- FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Forbes® America’s Best Employers
Basic PurposeTo interview and counsel members about first mortgage loans and to take mortgage loan applications. To establish and maintain personal relationship with members, and to guide and follow their mortgage loans from initial application through the loan closing process. To determine applicants' qualifications; providing detailed information about Navy Federal's mortgage and equity loan products; clarify complexities of the mortgage/equity loan process; and evaluate, personalize, and recommend financing alternatives. To build and maintain referral relationships with realtors, builders, and other centers of influence.
- Analyze referred loans for areas of concern and determine proper course of action (e.g. obtain explanations for derogatory credit)
- Determine and advise members on approved loan conditions and documentation requirements
- Ensure progress and inclusion of required mortgage processing information (e.g. verifications of employment, assets, income and liabilities; appraisal reports, Navy Federal and investor requirements, etc.)
- Maintain contact with the member, Realtor and/or seller during the entire loan process
- Monitor mortgage loan process and ensure compliance with Federal laws, as well as, Navy Federal, NCUA and secondary market practices, guidelines and regulations
- Remain available to members and/or their real estate agents during scheduled evening hours after assigned work days and during scheduled hours on assigned days off (e.g. weekends)
- Request and obtain documentation needed and forward to Mortgage Processor
- Respond to inquiries about mortgage applications, processing status, problems and concerns
- Seek and leverage opportunities to conduct outside marketing and promotional activities to members and potential members through financial presentations, local events and realtor/trade shows and events - Assist in leading
- Take first mortgage loan applications via face-to-face interview, mail and telephone
- Resolve or arrange for resolution of operational/processing issues, inquiries and complaints
- Respond to inquiries and resolve any issues concerning the processing of applications - Complex/Difficult
- Review application for completeness, data integrity and accuracy; determine if additional information and/or supporting documentation is required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications – All required unless otherwise noted
- Incumbent will be required, prior to the assumption of employment duties, to register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry; includes fingerprinting and background checks
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with automated systems
- Experience in the mortgage lending industry
- Working knowledge of mortgage lending requirements, regulations and procedures for VA and conventional loan programs
- Working knowledge of mortgage/equity loan processing, closing and documentation requirements and regulations
- Advanced skill in comprehending, analyzing, applying and communicating complex written legal documents
- Advanced skill speaking and/or presenting in front of groups in a professional setting
- Advanced word processing and spreadsheet software skills
- Desired - Advanced knowledge of Navy Federal Mortgage Production and/or Servicing Systems
Hours:Monday-Friday 8:30Am - 5:00PM
Location:657 Peary Street Newport, RI. 02840
Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position may require working from home temporarily with plans to return to campusat the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to norma; operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus wil be determine at a future date by individual leadership
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Interested parties may apply here