Duration: Through December 31, 2021, with the potential of continued employment
Job Summary: The primary responsibility of this position is to paint and prepare surfaces for painting on NRF properties. Painters are also required to assist the other subsets of the Preservation Crew as necessary and directed by their supervisor.
- Wash, scrape, sand and smooth interior and exterior surfaces prior to painting, varnishing or applying other related materials.
- Fill cracks, holes and joints with caulk, putty or other fillers using caulking guns or putty knives.
- Remove fixtures such as lamps and electrical switch covers prior to painting.
- Cover surfaces with drop cloths to protect during painting process.
- Operate compressors, spray equipment and other small power equipment.
- Erect various types of scaffolding, staging and ladders to reach surfaces of work area.
- Apply paints, stains, surface preparatory materials and undercoating materials to a variety of surfaces and according to Safety Data Sheets ensuring compliance with hazardous materials guidelines.
- Clean equipment as well as paint mixing/storage area and work areas.
- Assist the Carpentry and Systems’ Crews as necessary and directed by Paint Supervisor or Crew Foreman
- Graduation from high school and one year of experience at a level equivalent to journeyman painter or similar work experience.
- Climb stairs and work from elevated surfaces including ladders, staging and roofs.
- Lift a maximum weight of 50 lbs. alone or larger weights in concert with others.
- Make fast, simple, repeated movements of fingers, hands and wrists.
- Keep hand and arm steady while moving arm or holding arm and hand in one position.
- Regularly bend, stretch and kneel.
- Integrate and work effectively as a member of the team.
- Manage time both in quality job performance and in using paid time off.
- Interact professionally with tenants and outside contacts.
- Ability to follow supervisor’s instructions and also work independently.
- Possess reliable transportation for traveling to and from job sites.
- General property maintenance and light carpentry skills are not required but would be advantageous.
- The position is 40 hours a week year round; Monday thru Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. Hourly rate plus a full benefit package; health, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, 401(k) contribution. EOE.
To apply please send résumé or the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Name, contact number and e-mail
Past employment and experience
Desired hourly rate