MRC has an opening for a full time Material Coordinator position supporting Code 1073, at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center in Newport, RI. The qualified candidate coordinates and expedites the flow of material, parts and assemblies within or between departments in accordance with existing schedules or department supervisor’s priorities.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Collection and data entry for all Plant Account functions (receipts, transfers, shipments, disposals and reports) using Navy ERP property system of record.
- Reviewing plant property data from legacy applications, creating/changing plant property information field records, and updating in Navy ERP.
- Conducting physical inventories and adjust and/or maintain inventory, stock, plant, or property account records.
- Receiving and analyzing for regulatory compliance all input records from Warehouse Program Manager and custodians to establish or update accountable property records in Navy ERP.
- Providing basic data entry support for plant property programs including Disposal Transfer System, Online Shipping Process, Accommodation Storage, Destructive Material Removal, and all plant property records, documents and entries as required.
- Participating in inventories and inspections to ensure compliance with departmental and higher-level instructions and policies regarding General Equipment.
- Conducting periodic spot inventories to validate the master inventory list and the material associated.
- Taking steps to determine if material should be kept on hand for the task or disposed of in accordance with Navy and local disposition instructions.
- Verifying inventory for material with expiration dates or bad batch codes to take necessary follow-on actions.
- Attending meetings with the APOT (Accountable Property Officer), to communicate the work currently under construction, in detail.
- Researching, investigating and resolving older PP&E (property, plant and equipment) to determine disposition.
- Daily utilization of various systems and software, including Navy ERP, Haystack Gold, 4440 Tool, ATS, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Accessing various DOD forms during the completion of daily duties (e.g. DD250, DD1149, DD4440, NUWCDIVNPT 7320/3, etc.)
- Understanding FMV (Fair Market Value), and utilizing the applicable forms and information, when typical procurement documents are not available.
- Providing excellent customer service and professionalism at all times to both internal and external customers at NUWC and NAVSTA/NSLC.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Valid Driver's license.
- Up to 50 percent travel required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe.
- Experience in U.S. Navy operations.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
MCLAUGHLIN RESEARCH CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. IT IS OUR POLICY TO RECRUIT, HIRE, PROMOTE, AND TRAIN FOR ALL POSITIONS WITHOUT REGARD TO AGE, RACE, CREED, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, GENDER IDENTITY, MARITAL STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, FAMILY RESPONSIBILITIES, PREGNANCY, MINORITIES, GENETIC INFORMATION, STATUS AS A PERSON WITH A DISABILITY, AMNESTY OR STATUS AS A PROTECTED VETERAN, AND TO BASE ALL SUCH DECISIONS UPON THE INDIVIDUAL'S QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITY TO PERFORM THE WORK ASSIGNED, CONSISTENT WITH CONTRACTUAL REQUIREMENTS AND ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND, LOCAL LAWS.
EEO IS THE LAW:
APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES ARE PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL LAW FROM DISCRIMINATION.
Interested parties may apply here.